A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Lighting

More
4 years 9 months ago #31325 by tmcquinn
Lighting was created by tmcquinn
I'm 62 and while my vision is corrected to 20/20, I seem to need more light every year. I have a pair of 1500 watt halogen lights. I keep one up high pointed down into the engine bay and the other is on a tripod. They are great during Ohio winters but this is the 2nd 90 degree day (fahrenheit) in a row and they are just too much in my tiny garage. Does anyone have a tough, bright, inexpensive, LED solution that they would recommend? Even better if I can just swap them onto the old tripods in summer.

"I'll never know it all but I'm willing to settle for knowing where to find the answer!"
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31391 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic Lighting
At 55 with the A.G.E. virus kicking in I'm also starting to need more light :)
I wonder if you could replace your bulbs with some of these though they may not be as bright LED tube

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31407 by tmcquinn
Replied by tmcquinn on topic Lighting
Thank you! I had no idea they made an LED replacement for them. It's worth trying.

"I'll never know it all but I'm willing to settle for knowing where to find the answer!"

More
4 years 9 months ago #31408 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic Lighting

tmcquinn wrote: Thank you! I had no idea they made an LED replacement for them. It's worth trying.

These days if you can wonder if something has been made it usually has :) I had to look it up first :D

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35192 by heyinway
Replied by heyinway on topic Lighting
I use a tripod mount LED setup with 2 separate lights, plus individual 12v/120v individual LED lights with adjustable brackets from Rural King, LED forehead light, and those free LED Harbor Freight lights...the pocket size with hanging hook and magnet (spot and flood light)

Keep those halogens...will cut down on heating bill ! Also good for helping paint dry.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35221 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Lighting
Halogens and fuel vapour are a bad combination I had a friend got thankfully minor burns changing a leaking fuel tank.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 5 months ago #35222 by gav09

More
4 years 4 months ago #35416 by Scannerfanner
Replied by Scannerfanner on topic Lighting
I really like the Milwaukee lighting products, from penlight size to m18 powered, they have what they call Trueview color temperature and it doesn’t affect colors under the light.

I have the rechargeable magnetic stick among others, maybe 5 inches long, and use it day in and day out, it’s very tough and efficient lighting

More
4 years 1 month ago #38617 by Dtech494
Replied by Dtech494 on topic Lighting
As mentioned the Led replacements for those lights.
The twin bulb 4 foot replacement led fixtures are light and thin and easy to mount by chain or 2 screws to the ceiling form amazon.
There are single strip LED 4ft replacements.
They are compact enough to set on the cowl or bungee to the hood or even slide in the car. I hung one above my tire changer, put one to illuminate a bench and kept 2 for under hood or under car use.
I may put one on a stand that I made years ago for doing some painting.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds