A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

old scanner for old truck, snap on mt2500

More
4 years 10 months ago #31138 by bluedoor
Hey do you have any experience with a snap on mt2500 ? I have an old 1996 dodge ram 2500 with a 5.9 cummins diesel and i have heard that this scanner can read solenoid info on the old 47re transmission. Do you know what cartridge will do this ? If a cartridge says chrysler and 1996 ;will it read this data ? In addition they use "personality keys" which of those would i need ? Any info appreciated , thanks ahead .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #31152 by tim.smith1
IT WILL WORK BUT IT WONT DO WHAT THE NEWER SCANNERS WILL DO AND THEY ARE VERY OLD SCANNERS BUT THEY WERE RELIABLE

More
4 years 10 months ago #31203 by bluedoor
The point that the new scan tools can do more is taken but i dont want to purchase a scan tool that doesn't read my old transmission data thats why i looked at the snap on mt2500. I contacted Foxwell scan tools and said there tools would read data if the ccd protocol is supported.I looked at my 1996 dodge ram 2500 diesel, and checked the obd2 port and it has pins 3,4,5,6,7,9,11,13 ,What protocol do i have ? Guess if i know that i know what scan tool to buy, Thanks ahead

More
4 years 10 months ago #31205 by bluedoor
The point that the new scan tools can do more is taken but i dont want to purchase a scan tool that doesn't read my old transmission data thats why i looked at the snap on mt2500. I contacted Foxwell scan tools and said there tools would read data if the ccd protocol is supported.I looked at my 1996 dodge ram 2500 diesel, and checked the obd2 port and it has pins 3,4,5,6,7,9,11,13 ,16 What protocol do i have ? Guess if i know that i know what scan tool to buy, Thanks ahead sorry missed pin 16 in previous post

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds