ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

× A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Where to buy good aftermarket test leads for Snap On scope?

• llamawrench1997
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2019 15:58 - 09 Jun 2019 19:54 #30552 by llamawrench1997
I just bought my first scope, a used Modis Ultra off of ebay with 19.2 software for around $1,500 (tell me how I did haha). The issue, it does not come with leads for the scope. The only places I could find shielded banana plug test leads for oscilloscopes are on Snap On and AESwave.

I also considered using the cheap chinese 100mhz BNC leads (they come with a lot of cheap scopes), using a female to female BNC adapter, then a male BNC to stackable banana plug adapter(s).

Please leave me your suggestions or thoughts.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2019 19:54 by llamawrench1997.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• llamawrench1997
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2019 17:55 #30558 by llamawrench1997
I just bought one Snap On channel 1 lead for $40, and I bought some of the cheap chinese 100mhz leads with various adapters and extensions for $40. Will update with results!

More
10 Jun 2019 07:36 #30567 by Andy.MacFadyen
BNC leads are pretty much the standard for lab scopes provided they are properly made they give the best sheilding at way beyond the frequencies we see in automotive work.
The without a shielded cable as far as possible follow the same route, using a local ground (for example sensors own ground) will give a cleaner trace than using a battery ground. But for a lot of work you don't need to worry about it too much and you have the option of using a filter to reduce unwanted noise --- but use filters with care because they hide detail.

"There's always a catch ---- Catch OBD2 ."

• Tyler
  • Letting the magic smoke out since 2011
More
14 Jun 2019 10:36 #30671 by Tyler
I use the AESwave shielded banana cables daily, and absolutely love them. Much better than Snap-On.

The option of getting them with extra length is a big selling point for me. :cheer:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds