A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Pro Demand vs. Identifix vs. Alldata

More
4 years 10 months ago #30304 by John Curtis
What subscriptions do you prefer and why?
I'm having a hard time deciding on what subscription to get.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30305 by Chad
I use Alldata and ShopkeyPro (Pro Demand purchased through Snap-on).

For most things, I prefer Alldata. However, I like ShopkeyPro's Estimator better. I, also, prefer ShopKeyPro for the Electrical Component Locator.

Both have OEM and Mitchell's Color, inter-active wiring schematics, but Alldata takes the color schematics a step further by laying them ALL out side-by-side, so that you can view multiple pages at once. Zoom in on the RIGHT side of page one, and the LEFT side of page two at the same time. Click and Drag from one page to another. Very Nice! B) Click a wire on this page, it highlights that wire on ALL pages. Another bonus!

Alldata's Vehicle history shows all of your recent vehicles in the same list. ShopKeyPro, you have to look by which day of the week you worked on it. Chalk another one up for Alldata.

Just a couple weeks ago, I took the 14 day "test drive" of Identifix, for $1. I tried to get into it, and use it. But, I am to used to, and more efficient with the other two. It just didn't keep my interest.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30306 by Chad
I guess I should mention that I USED to prefer ShopkeyPro. Then, Alldata rolled out a major overhaul, a couple years ago. I actually decide that I liked Alldata better and was going to cancel ShopkeyPro. In the end, I used each one against the other, when it came to dealing with the sales representatives.
Both companies are happy to compete for your business. When I called to cancel, ShopkeyPro didn't want to lose a customer, so they gave me a pretty significant discount, (since I have been a customer for years, they said). Well, I couldn't turn that price down, so I called Alldata and told them the price ShopkeyPro was giving me. They beat that price by $1...lol. I pay $145/month for ShopkeyPro. And, $144/month for Alldata.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Chad.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30467 by Tutti57
I use pro demand and identifix. I seem to use them based on the situation though. It took me a while to get used to identifix but I seem to be using it more than Mitchell now.

I typically use pro demand for wiring diagrams, repair procedures, vehicle specs like fluid capacities, and factory code descriptions.

I usually just throw the code or symptom into identifix and see what comes up. It's good for looking for direction. Using it for codes has a little article written that explains how to test the component in quick steps. Of course, if you can read a diagram, you don't usually need them to tell you how much voltage you can expect from each pin in a harness but they do usually out all of that information in one spot so you don't have to go digging for connector pin outs or spend much time with the diagrams.

Identifix is a good compliment to either of the other two. None are silver bullets but all are extremely helpful.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Tutti57.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds