A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Launch X431 V or Launch X431 V+

More
4 years 10 months ago #30165 by John Curtis
Looking to get a new scan tool. Particular the Launch x431 line-up. Would appreciate any and all input before I make a decision.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30178 by Tyler
I've been getting familiar with the X431 Pad II AE that my shop provides, and it definitely has it's ups and downs. :silly:

Love the coverage and features. Does tons of stuff that Snap-On and Autel won't, which can be a real life saver in some situations. For example, I was replacing an HVAC module in a F-150 last month. New module requires a PMI procedure. Autel wouldn't do it, but the Launch said, "No problem!" :cheer: Saved us a programming fee and a lot of time.

Hate the way data is displayed, and the graphing. Drives me insane. :angry: :silly: The interface is also less than intuitive, and takes some getting used to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chisel

More
4 years 9 months ago #30201 by Andy.MacFadyen
Launch seem to cover more vehicle than anybody else, also in my experience they connect first time to difficult vehicles

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: chisel, Jeralmof

More
4 years 9 months ago #30254 by John Curtis
Thank you both for the insight. Going to be placing the order for it as soon as I settle into my new state.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
4 years 9 months ago #30385 by chasencai
launch X431 have many product,may be launch x431 pro mini is a good choice.
Cheaper and also have same function

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #30493 by Tutti57
My shop has a verus and big daddy autel, but I always go for my launch scan pad. I like that it's smaller and has the coverage. Like Tyler said, the graphing is a joke. Autoscaling is terrible. Snap on has the best graphing in my opinion but the verus takes freaking forever to boot up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Tutti57.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chisel

More
4 years 9 months ago #30825 by Chen
I from Kingbolen,we sell Launch scan tool.

Many guys ask this question
"what's the difference between X431 V and V+ ? "

Screen size:
V 8inch V+ 10inch

Exterior & Function : Same
That's no difference if you do light cars diagnose.

So,what is the difference ?
Think about the V+ & HD module if you do Heavy truck diagnose.

Here is the post:
www.facebook.com/Kingbolen.fans/photos/a...30/2305244703062784/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelson60, Tememar

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #47343 by Johnsmith8
1. LAUNCH X431 V+ supports Guiding Functions for VW,AUDI,SKODA,SEAT, while X431 V dose not support.

2. LAUNCH X431 V+ is compatible with LAUNCH X431 heavy duty modules (need to be purchased separately) and becomes a diesel-integrated diagnostic device with more powerful functions. LAUNCH X431 V Pro is not compatible with heavy-duty module. When you need to diagnose heavy-duty trucks, you need to purchase the heavy-duty full system diagnostic tool for $1,399 if you have a V. However, if you have V+, you only needs to purchase the heavy-duty module for $899, which is more economical and convenient.

3. The screen size of LAUNCH X431 V+ (10.1 inches) is larger than V(8 inches). One screen can display 15 data stream (Graphic and textual), three more than V, which is easy to navigate.

4. You can use LAUNCH X431 V+ longer and avoid frequent charging, because its battery life is 1.49 times that of V.

5.LAUNCH X431 V+ is based on Andoird 9.0 , with 8-core 1,8GHz CPU, while LAUNCH X431 V is based on Andoird 7.0 with 4-core 1,4GHz CPU. see less

Besides, the LAUNCH X431 V+ is equipped with Lenovo-tablet while X431 V PRO uses no-famous-brand tablet. So in terms of hardware, the quality of LAUNCH X431 V+ is better, and it can run faster. You can get better user experience and after-sales service with LAUNCH X431 V+.

More
2 years 2 months ago #53909 by JohnMc
Hello everyone, just wondering X431 V3 Pad doesnt have an option to write VIN to ECM after replacment.
I saw it on youtube that it could be done but i have no idea why it didnt give me that special option.
Its an holden Cruze 2010 model.

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds