A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Network Diagnostic Tool

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30076 by LeonJames
Does anyone know of any point-in-time network diagnostic tools? I am looking for something to use on a reactive basis when we suspect there is a problem, rather than full time monitoring.

My organization provides technical support for applications which move large amounts of data across the network. We often encounter issues with our customer's environments which prevent or cause performance issues with transferring data. uc browser shareit appvn
We need a way to prove or disprove that it is a network issue and to identify the issue so we can point the customer in the right direction to fix the issue.

We currently have a tool which is a standalone executable that runs on Windows or Linux command lines. The user inputs an IP address of a remote host and the tool automatically runs diagnostics between the two hosts, outputting a nice report with its findings. It checks things like packet loss, jitter, link congestion/bandwidth capacity, latency, MTU and RTT for each hop. Unfortunately, this is a legacy application which no longer receives updates or support and is quickly becoming unable to support new operating systems and technologies.

I have done some research but it appears that most network diagnostic software has moved to a full time monitoring solution and many are cloud based. We do not want to provide full time monitoring to our customers, but we do want to be able to help them get our applications working if they encounter network issues.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by LeonJames.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds