A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Pico low amp clamp PP264

More
4 years 11 months ago #29706 by Columbus450
Does anybody have experience with this pico PP264- TA018??
I tryed to purchase the AES low amp clamp with banana clips on this forum in The tool section but it is out of stock

I purchased this one along with the banana to BNC adapters to fit my Modis I hope I made a good purchase this is my first amp clamp thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29708 by Andy.MacFadyen
A DC amp clamp is pretty much a genetic item they will work with pretty much any modern voltmeter or scope. One thing I will say from experience is it is all too easy to forget to switch the power off after use.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29709 by Columbus450
I will make sure I switch the power off so I don’t drain the battery thanks for the heads up!! As long as I can do relative compression test with this amp clamp and it’s big enough to fit around most cables I will be OK for some reason in the description it never did say if it was 8 or 9 mm big but hopefully it all works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Columbus450.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29717 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Pico low amp clamp PP264

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: One thing I will say from experience is it is all too easy to forget to switch the power off after use.

True-er words have never been spoken. :unsure: Keep a supply of 9 volt batteries, at the ready. ;)

I have that same tool. (GypsyR has the box. :lol:) It is a good Current clamp. My only complaint about it is that the "clamp" part has a smaller diameter hole than the Snap On one does. For most things this doesn't matter, and some things, it's a plus. But doing relative compression on battery cable, might be a problem (not a big deal, But, I'll give Snap On a +1 for their larger hole.) Other than that, it should serve you well.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbus450

More
4 years 11 months ago #29718 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Pico low amp clamp PP264

Columbus450 wrote: As long as I can do relative compression test with this amp clamp and it’s big enough to fit around most cables I will be OK

:ohmy: :woohoo: :whistle:

Sorry to be the barer of bad news. :(

It's, really, not a big deal, though. For Relative compression, a voltage waveform will work just as well. You just need to remember that it will be UPSIDE DOWN, unless you INVERT it.

But for doing CURRENT DRAW testing, I made this yellow cable to combat that problem, if I need to.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbus450

More
4 years 11 months ago #29734 by Columbus450
Well strait to the batt post sure ,it can be done I've done it this way thus, far but I thought an actual clamp will measure current cleaner more effectively..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

More
4 years 11 months ago #29735 by Columbus450
That wire you made is a good idea!

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds