A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Budget portable handheld dso 211vs 212 vs 213

More
5 years 5 days ago #28869 by Desmond6004
I'm busy trying to decide which DSO model to buy. Amongst my options, since the DSO203 no longer seems to exist, when I do a search I find the "updated" models, are the 211, 212, and 213. I'm open to suggestions for other models. I'm also starting this thread in part as a place to store the info I gather all in one place, which should help others as well.
One of the most important features to me is the ability to record a pattern and scroll and zoom in to the pattern - none of the video reviews seem to go much into that because most of them are people recording continuous pulses.
The DS211 is the cheaper one of the three at around $60. The controls look relatively simple but that often means the need for digging deeper into onscreen menus.
1 channel 8 meg

The DS212 is about $25 more and has interesting looking controls.
2 channel 8 meg

The DS213 looks like the one to get and of course whenever that is the case it's twice the price of the others.
I like the look of the controls and there are options for buying tough-covers.

Another option which looks more solid though I don't know about it zoom and scroll abilities after capturing a signal?

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 days ago #28870 by Desmond6004
I'm starting to lean toward something a little more sturdy with a stand. At about US$100
I still don't know about the scroll and zoom capabilities for analyzing a pattern.

Attachments:

More
5 years 5 days ago #28874 by Desmond6004
I may just order one of these $40 scopes in the meantime and see what it can do - might be a good option for the apprentices to learn on.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds