A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

New Snap On Scanner with 2 channel Labscope

More
5 years 6 days ago #28665 by Dtnel
Anyone know how many beans snappy will be charging for the new scan tool / labscope.
They also went to intelligent diagnostics on their scan tool line.

Here's the YouTube link,

Starting to think I'm glad I picked up the Bosch ADS625 last month. $1k rebate on it thru end of April and $500 on the Bosch ADS325. Already got a scope or 2 plus if I ever get my garage dug out from to much stuff.

Think before tax but after rebate I paid roughly 3,000 + 6.5% sales tax . It was a vendor show local parts house had with pricing. Includes repair info and wiring diagrams and the wireless scan module is also a J-2534 pass thru box that'll hook to the PC for going to the mfr websites.

Hopefully by late summer we'll have the new garage stall (3rd stall) poured with a hoist in it and much more room. Make it nice in the winter here at the house working on my stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 days ago #28703 by Tyler

Dtnel wrote: Starting to think I'm glad I picked up the Bosch ADS625 last month. $1k rebate on it thru end of April and $500 on the Bosch ADS325.

Really? :ohmy: Didn't know that! I may go find one...

More
5 years 4 days ago #28740 by kevinedward1234
How do you like the ADS625 ?

More
5 years 3 days ago #28748 by GypsyR
Do you know the pricing on the Bosch updates? We're looking at moving away from Snap-On and Bosch is the prime contender. "Intelligent" diagnostics sound good on paper but in the real world, eh. We don't see it as bad, just fairly useless. And we're not fond of paying extra for features we don't use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinedward1234, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 11 months ago #28865 by Dtnel
I like it so far. Tool curve is different from the snap on Zeus. A lot easier in my opinion.

The ADS625 is new so re-up pricing isn't available but they're thinking around $1k which is going to be cheaper than qgej my Zeus "intelligent" subscription runs out then I'll just have a regular scan tool unless I do updates on it to keep intelligent diagnostics.

Thinking if I get more intelligent then I can get by without.

IF it helps the Flat Rate Master (YouTube) just did a review of the ADS625 as well.

They say they update 4 times a year which is good. Added the OTC tpms tool to it and it does that thru the Bluetooth so you can do all models as my Autel TS608 limits me to Autel replacement sensors if I use it.

The Bosch also has the pass thru programmer and if used with scan tool it's wireless which is hard to forget the wireless module in a vehicle as it has a long cord.

Also the wireless hookup shows the vehicle voltage right when you hookup so you know if you need a charge pack on it so you don't get erroneous codes if below the 12-11 volt threshold people see that stuff at.

The repair data is printable if you need something to have handy and don't want to grease the tool up while working on the vehicle.

Comes with docking cradle, HDMI out, Actual Ethernet port and I think one or a couple others. It's Android based. Haven't tried to see if one can sideload apps from Google.

You can use the wireless chassis ear by steelman I was told and saw something in there for a chassis ear.

Video scope add on I think I saw. When I find my misplaced snappy BK8500 I want to see if it'll pair up as you normally can pair the snappy tool to your Android device or the screen it comes with.

It would definitely be nice to be able to pair up some of the snappy diagnostic tools such as the wireless pressure tester and other Wireless stuff but I need to see if I can get the snappy app sideloaded first. Just think of the possibilities of interoperability if you can do that.

Yes I'm big into tech as well.

It's warm today so time to go change a fuel tank outside on the daughters 04 Hyundai Santa Fe. 154k miles. Just beyond the extended warranty but it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds