A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Sun Sleuth Two

More
5 years 1 month ago #27746 by Reeder
Sun Sleuth Two was created by Reeder
Hello! I have a Sun Sleuth Two. I have the manual, etc. for all the lead connections. The issue I'm having is connecting it to a 94 Jeep Wrangler. The Wrangler has a distributor but has PCM initiated electronic ignition. Basically...no negative coil wire.

All the leads connect as they should except for the negative coil lead. For this connection I back-pinned the negative trigger wire to the ignition coil. It is a two-wire coil. Constant +voltage on one wire, ground trigger from the PCM on the other (gray wire). I have connected to the gray, but when I do, the engine dies. This certainly seems like the correct connection after looking at the wiring diagrams.

I checked the scope itself. When I have the "alternator" (green) wire connected to alternator positive, I am getting battery voltage out of the red lead that would be attached to the negative coil wire. Is this correct? Should there be battery voltage at this lead? I guess what I'm wondering is if I have a stuck "kill" switch on the actual scope itself. Do you think my connection is incorrect? I am unable to obtain a primary pattern.

Thank-you in advance for any advice!

I appreciate any input!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds