A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Verus ignition probe

More
5 years 1 month ago #27651 by william123
Hello everyone i purchased a verus edge and I saw paul using a pico cop probe with is verus but could not find the video. will I just need the pico probe plus a bnc to banana adaptor to make it work like he did I don't remember? Or atenuator is it already in the tool (guess so)? I also want to buy some Amp clamp and I found some aeswave looking exactly like the pico and I was wondering if they were just rebranded pico.
Thanks to everyone this channel is the bomb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27660 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Verus ignition probe
Hey William, welcome to the club :)
You will need a BNC to banana plug adapter to use the Pico ignition probe with your Verus. While the Verus does have an attenuator built in, it is unnecessary while using an inductive pick up since you're not directly measuring secondary voltage in the KV range. Rather the probe is detecting the magnetic force created by the coil and converting that into a scale representative of the ignition voltage.
Check the tools tab at the top of the page for a link to Scanner Danner affiliated tool sales from JB tools and AES wave for the adapter you need.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Noah.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27666 by william123
Replied by william123 on topic Verus ignition probe
Thanks for the welcome Noah and the information. I will make sure to help danner with sales :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds