A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Bought a used Snap On Ethos Tech, have a few questions.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27219 by phoneman85
Hello all, I'm a home mechanic, as well as a computer hobbyist/tinkerer/nerd etc. I recently bought a nice used Ethos tech, as my older Bosch tool was limited in what it could do with our newer cars.

I had a nice surprise when I downloaded and installed shopstream to check for patches, this tool has a subscription to September of this year! It had 18.2, so I put 18.4 on it. What is the anticipated release date of 19.2? I'm guessing I'll be able to get it before the sub runs out.

I really like the tech, first time with a newer SO scanner, last one I used was an original Modis. Nice to have a scanner that goes above 2013!

Anyone else have the tech? what are your opinions on it. I know there is no one tool that does 100% of everything, but this seems like more than enough for the few cars I'll be working with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 2 months ago #27268 by Noah
I have no experience with that particular tool, but am interested to hear about your experience with it.
Sounds like a good purchase considering the software level.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 2 months ago #27272 by phoneman85
So far I like it, very easy to use, supports loads of systems on our '16 Jeep Renegade my old Bosch wouldn't even access, as well as functional tests and other useful features on the other cars. I can reprogram PATS keys on my '03 Ford Ranger, and even though I could do this with the free Forscan software, this is a little easier than firing up the laptop every time.

This is just what I wanted for a DIYer, not over the top, but plenty of useful features

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds