A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Budget scantool shootout - blog

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25061 by Desmond6004
I'm starting a new blog on budget scan tool shootout based on several of the tools mentioned in my budget scan tool blog .
I have just received my new Launch Creader VI+ which supports JOBD and also have a Launch CR3008 on its way along with a Nexas 102P which boasts full system scans on cars and trucks along with dpf regen capabilities all for around $100.
Once they arrive I will add them to my test to decide which ones to keep and which to sell.
I welcome input on the discussion that I can add to my blog.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Desmond6004.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25104 by Tyler
Subscribed. ;)

My point? Even with high end gear you need several scan tools to cover all your bases - perhaps 99.9% of your bases...

Truth.com

More
5 years 4 months ago #25116 by Desmond6004
For some reason I'm not getting notifications of replies - anyway I've updated the blog a little this morning - I'm comparing the Autel to Microsoft and the Foxwell to Apple :)

More
5 years 3 months ago #25206 by Desmond6004
I've changed the name to "Budget scan tools for workshops" because that's what it is mostly about, and added some new info Budget scan tools for workshops

More
5 years 3 months ago #25401 by Desmond6004
The Nexas NL102P that I bought for our work was handed to one of the guys who does a lot of earthmoving equipment a week ago and I'm keen to see how it goes for him.
My own personal unit arrived an hour ago and I plugged it into my 2006 Honda Stream and it worked fine giving graphs as well. This is a bigger deal than it sounds in New Zealand because most of the Japanese imports we receive that are older than 2008 vehicles are not obd2 compliant - the Launch Creader3008 that I returned couldn't communicate properly with my Honda. Within the next month I should have gathered enough info on this tool to add to my blog report.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #25594 by Desmond6004
Possibly my last purchase for a while - my nexpeak NX501 arrived and I plugged it in to a few cars including my 2006 Honda at home and so far I like it a lot, besides the fact that I had a go at the company about their misleading image that suggested I would be able to print a graph from the data - but can't.
The first part of my blog is the same if you've read it before - I just added the NX501 at the bottom.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Desmond6004.

More
5 years 2 months ago #25869 by Scannerfanner
Nice blog. This is perfect for me. don't work on cars much, I’m much more involved in heavy equipment but I need a cheap scan tool for personal vehicles etc. I’ll be catching up on the blog. Thanks for your work!

More
5 years 2 months ago #25906 by Desmond6004

Scannerfanner wrote: Nice blog. This is perfect for me. don't work on cars much, I’m much more involved in heavy equipment but I need a cheap scan tool for personal vehicles etc. I’ll be catching up on the blog. Thanks for your work!

Thanks for the feedback (this site isn't sending email reminders again?).
The Nexas NL102P might be a good tool for you, it comes with a 6/9 plug adapter which works on heavy machinery - and depending on where
you are everything may be obd2 - in New Zealand 10-20% of the vehicles we get are obd2, the rest are US Ford and Holden, JOBD and OBD1.
I'm liking the Nexpeak NX501 - the I/M readiness "picture" is very useful and so are the 4 graph options.

More
5 years 2 months ago #25984 by Scannerfanner
Yes the 6/9 connector is a big plus. I’ll start looking for the Nexas. Thanks!

More
5 years 2 months ago #25985 by Desmond6004
Do you shop on Aliexpress? Nexas NL102P
The 102P or "plus" also does dpf regen.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds