A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel MaxiSYS MS908 - thoughts?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #24742 by Andy.MacFadyen
Either Autel or Launch are pretty good no scantool will do everything on every car, it irks me that scantool manufactuers are very 100% clear what feature coverage they haveon a particular model.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24778 by Dylan
Moved this topic to the diagnostic tools section guys ;)

More
5 years 4 months ago #24794 by Desmond6004
The Autoland Vedis II is the first one I grab for Japanese cars. It is THE best I have used for Nissans and the only scantool in our workshop that finds the "hood pop-up" module on newer Nissans. (Hood pop-up is for when you hit a pedestrian, it provides a soft landing).

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42962 by tuita
A bit of help / advise please.

My Autel MS908 now requires an update. I’m back in the UK - can anyone help with a tip on the best place to buy the update please? (I called Autel in the UK and they wanted £800 plus for a years subscription)

I was considering buying a new machine as a new machine come with 2 years of updates.

Any advise on the best route?

or should I choose this

Autel MaxiCOM MK908 Automotive Diagnostic Scanner supports ECU Coding/ ABS Brake Bleed, Upgrade Version of MaxiSys MS908/ MS906/ MK808 Ship from UK
www.auteldiag.com/wholesale/autel-maxicom-mk908.html

Thank you

More
3 years 7 months ago #42963 by Desmond6004
Buy the new scan tool. EVERY Autel I have had has caused problems with updates. The smaller tools either change language to some weird machine code or their coloured icons all turn grey. Then there's the Maxisys that cost a few thousand dollars - one month after doing updates we lost the ability to scan Toyotas. We had to buy another subscription because ours expired, just to get Toyota working again. A few months later we realised BMW was no longer working. It's safer to just buy another tool and keep the old one spare or sell it off.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #42973 by whittle
if your in the uk and want a autel,have a word with these guys.MOBILE ECO TUNING .COM they are based in the uk so if you get a problem you can call them.i got my mk908p from them a bit back and have been very happy with it.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by whittle.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds