A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Nissan afrs voltage

More
5 years 6 months ago #23869 by Bcaddy
Nissan afrs voltage was created by Bcaddy
Needed some info for 05 nissan quest 3.5L afr sensors there are 2 upstream afrs, what is the normal voltage range of them? than the 2 downstream o2 sensors are they used to fine tune the fuel control,or just to see the health of the cat? Its got 130,000 miles on it new dealer plugs in it,no mil light on with no pending codes, with long term fuel adding 8+ fuel it really seems like an vacuum leak, but ive smoked the engine no leaks plus carb sprayed it nothing. The car runs very good no missing at all but using way to much fuel. Would appreciate feedback thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #23940 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Nissan afrs voltage
I believe it's 2v but I can verify that at work tomorrow.

You can look at the equivalency ratio pid. That one aims to be at 1.0v. More than that indicates a rich mixture and less is lean. The changes are smaller and faster than you normally see with an O2 though.

What are fuel trims at idle vs say 2k rpm? Do they get up or down?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
5 years 6 months ago #23941 by Bcaddy
Replied by Bcaddy on topic Re:Nissan afrs voltage
The fuel trims get better with increase rpms just like i have an vacuum leak, im going to really smoke this engine tomorrow through the exhaust and intake again, the engine runs great, u dont even hear this car idling. It does have an split front mount im going to also check the bank 1 exhaust for any type of leak in the gasket,thats were the fuel is being added from that side. But yes please can u let me know about the voltage of these afr sensors tomorrow,thanks.

More
5 years 6 months ago #23943 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Nissan afrs voltage
Ok, they should be 1.5v

Here is a blurb from Nissan's tech news newsletter we get.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds