A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

LOADpro

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3994 by matt.white
Replied by matt.white on topic LOADpro
Probably not a bad idea. I'm sorry you're being dragged into someone else's public implosion. I wish there was something I could do or say man.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by matt.white.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #3996 by tony.redolfi
Replied by tony.redolfi on topic LOADpro
this is like watching a train wreck, reading the comments on that video. guys like that end up on top of clock towers shooting at people lol

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 4 months ago #4002 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic LOADpro
Disappointing...
It would hard to sell a cure for cancer using his tactics let alone a specialty tool.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 4 months ago #4006 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic LOADpro
Video seems to have been pulled .....................................

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4008 by Andy.MacFadyen
We don't live in normal times.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4009 by steveashcroft
Replied by steveashcroft on topic LOADpro
Yep the video has disappeared! It's disgraceful behaviour from Mr Sullivan does him no justice whatsoever.
Bashing a great teacher like Paul Danner and dragging Ivan and Eric O into it as well has done him major damage in my opinion.

I have a load pro on my old dmm It has it's uses on things like lights out with bad connections It would be a great tool for trailer mechanics etc, but I'd like to see it check the signature wave on a CKP or a differential sensor lol...

I'm always in the crap, it's only the depth that varies!

More
7 years 4 months ago #4010 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic LOADpro
I called it. He deleted the video. What a cowardly thing to do. At least I have the exchange between us recorded here. It's a shame, we've all learned so much about how he operates in the comments section of that video. I should have recorded more of it.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 4 months ago #4011 by steveashcroft
Replied by steveashcroft on topic LOADpro

ScannerDanner wrote: I called it. He deleted the video. What a cowardly thing to do. At least I have the exchange between us recorded here. It's a shame, we've all learned so much about how he operates in the comments section of that video. I should have recorded more of it.

Hi Paul, hope you and family are well.
It's a shame really as Dam is a good teacher and like you he knows his stuff. It's a pity he falls on his sword (or his probes lol) by ranting against the world like this. My kids stopped have paddy's 30 years ago!

Did you get my mail about the longer Verus leads to stop you keep moaning lol

I'm always in the crap, it's only the depth that varies!

More
7 years 4 months ago #4013 by Andy.MacFadyen
I can't help but wonder about the source of the instant thumb downs on Paul's, Eric O's and Ivan's videos?

More
7 years 4 months ago #4017 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic LOADpro
Awwww man, I didn't get to see the video before it got removed! :angry: Oh well, sounds like it was pretty hateful...

I can't help but wonder about the source of the instant thumb downs on Paul's, Eric O's and Ivan's videos

I like the way you think, Andy ;) I was just wondering the same.

I didn't see this post earlier Tyler. Do you own any PP gear already? I so, don't bother. If you already have a scope you probably won't bother with the extra features of the IV.

Yeah, I have a PP3 already, doesn't get used all that often, TBH. I think it comes down to me wanting new toys! :lol:

More
7 years 4 months ago #4025 by JeffBirt
Replied by JeffBirt on topic LOADpro
What I don't understand is how many times would one actually need to use an external load (other than test light) to test something on a vehicle. For example if I had a dim head light I would measure from ground to both sides of the headlamp to see which side the voltage drop is on. The head light IS my load.

More to the point to test the wiring/connections in a circuit you have to load it with the amount of current that circuit would normally be used for, for example you can't test a starter cable with the load from a test light. the 200ma or so from the test light pales in comparison to the 200A+ of the starter motor.

The only case I can see for applying an external load is when you are not sure if the 'real' load is good or not, or you know the 'real' load is not good (say a bad fuel pump, open circuit through pump) but you want to confirm the integrity of the wiring to the pump before quoting the job. A circuit designed to deliver 10A to a fuel pump might not be tested adequately with a 200ma test light.

It all goes back to needing to use a load that simulates the 'real' load (maybe not exactly but to the same scale) a little power resistor in a box is not going to be useful in all cases.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4026 by busjockey1..
Replied by busjockey1.. on topic LOADpro
HI Paul, to be quite honest here I myself am quite disappointed in the delivery of Dan's Video. There are better ways to make your point. I have known Dan for a quite awhile now since 2009 and he is not a bad guy. He is a very good instructor and he genuinely cares about helping people. Needless to say here he has gotten quite frustrated which is understandable but as I said before he could have gone about it a different way. His Leads do work and I have proven that they work in the field. I have examples on Youtube on the screen name busjockey1. Not only that I also use quite a few of his testing methods and they work. Out of this whole conundrum Paul it has got me to have a observation though of this situation. I watch your videos on both channels, love your content, your a good guy, I have learned a lot from you but the main reason I have learned a lot from you is I have a open mind and hear people out, just like you Paul. And I have noticed to some degree that there are individuals out there that will not open up the possibility of being able to do things differently. And to be honest I just don't understand it sometimes. So putting aside Dan's behavior here and thinking about this objectively, couldn't you hear him out Paul on how he does Diagnostics and Teaching? Isn't the purpose of this forum to learn and help each other? You are a instructor just like me Paul. Isn't it our job and main focus to make sure that we always explore all avenues to diagnostics/electrical so we can shape and mold our students the best we can so they will be prepared when they go out into the real world? Not only that if we don't always explore all avenues then you and I are therfore just hurting ourselves because then we can no longer keep the students as up to date on diagnostics and electrical as we want too. This is just my 2 cents Paul and I hope you don't take it the wrong way. You have been a good friend to me and I respect your opinion as I hope you respect mine. You are part of the reason why I am at the level I am at today. So thanks again for all you do Paul.

The Diesel Nerd

More
7 years 4 months ago #4036 by ScannerDanner

busjockey1.. wrote: HI Paul, to be quite honest here I myself am quite disappointed in the delivery of Dan's Video. There are better ways to make your point. I have known Dan for a quite awhile now since 2009 and he is not a bad guy. He is a very good instructor and he genuinely cares about helping people. Needless to say here he has gotten quite frustrated which is understandable but as I said before he could have gone about it a different way. His Leads do work and I have proven that they work in the field. I have examples on Youtube on the screen name busjockey1. Not only that I also use quite a few of his testing methods and they work. Out of this whole conundrum Paul it has got me to have a observation though of this situation. I watch your videos on both channels, love your content, your a good guy, I have learned a lot from you but the main reason I have learned a lot from you is I have a open mind and hear people out, just like you Paul. And I have noticed to some degree that there are individuals out there that will not open up the possibility of being able to do things differently. And to be honest I just don't understand it sometimes. So putting aside Dan's behavior here and thinking about this objectively, couldn't you hear him out Paul on how he does Diagnostics and Teaching? Isn't the purpose of this forum to learn and help each other? You are a instructor just like me Paul. Isn't it our job and main focus to make sure that we always explore all avenues to diagnostics/electrical so we can shape and mold our students the best we can so they will be prepared when they go out into the real world? Not only that if we don't always explore all avenues then you and I are therfore just hurting ourselves because then we can no longer keep the students as up to date on diagnostics and electrical as we want too. This is just my 2 cents Paul and I hope you don't take it the wrong way. You have been a good friend to me and I respect your opinion as I hope you respect mine. You are part of the reason why I am at the level I am at today. So thanks again for all you do Paul.

It's real simple bro. I don't need people like him in my life and I don't struggle with opens, high resistance or shorts to ground problems. Is there a time the tool would save time? Possibly, but dealing with this man is not worth it. He has burned every bridge in this field, been kicked out of iATN, and probably every other forum out there.
I know you've been doing some teaching with him, so maybe you can talk some sense into him. His marketing strategies are absolutely killing his chance of selling this tool. Did you read the comments that I posted from his video before he disabled them? They're here in this thread on page 2 I think.
For him to call me out, then delete my replies (and many others) as to why I will not do it?
Sorry Michael, I'm done with him. Not that I needed him in the first place.
He will not be using me to help him. There are other comments you haven't seen. Maybe I'll post them too. His latest move is to just piss me off so much that I'll shoot a video about him. Guess what? I'm not gonna do it. I will NOT ever use or promote his tool.
He is the one that needs to have an open mind. Everyone else is wrong and anything other than his tool is not the right way. You can hear that in every one of his videos.
I have never claimed to have all the answers and I have never said my way is the only way. Yet you ask me to have an open mind about some egomaniac? Come on Michael

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4037 by ScannerDanner

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ScannerDanner.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4038 by ScannerDanner
Yes, I called him an asshole and maybe shouldn't have. But I don't think anything else needs to be said here.
Read his replies to me.
It is typical of anyone who questions him. He starts attacking.
He's right about one thing. I had my mind made up about him before he ever contacted me and after that conversation, he solidified what I already knew. He is so full of himself that he physically cannot see that he is doing anything wrong. He is a martyr and will always be.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4041 by busjockey1..
Replied by busjockey1.. on topic LOADpro
Hi Paul thanks for the reply. I just saw the replies and needless to say I am shocked. I don't know why he is acting like this. I have known Dan for awhile now and this is not the Dan I know. I wouldn't have an open mind to this either. I don't teach with Dan. I teach at a Community College. The videos I do are made on my own accord. I did the videos to help Techs and help Dan also but after this tirade I'm cutting the cord. I will not work with a bully. Terribly sorry you had to go through that. Like you said had he approached this differently maybe things would be different.
His tool works and the method works,too bad he couldn't keep it professional. Hope there's no hard feelings Paul, your friend

Michael

The Diesel Nerd

More
7 years 4 months ago #4075 by ScannerDanner

busjockey1.. wrote: Hi Paul thanks for the reply. I just saw the replies and needless to say I am shocked. I don't know why he is acting like this. I have known Dan for awhile now and this is not the Dan I know. I wouldn't have an open mind to this either. I don't teach with Dan. I teach at a Community College. The videos I do are made on my own accord. I did the videos to help Techs and help Dan also but after this tirade I'm cutting the cord. I will not work with a bully. Terribly sorry you had to go through that. Like you said had he approached this differently maybe things would be different.
His tool works and the method works,too bad he couldn't keep it professional. Hope there's no hard feelings Paul, your friend

Michael

Your a good dude Michael and your heart was in the right place. I still question mine though.
I don't like to harbor bitterness toward anyone.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5501 by Ephratah
Replied by Ephratah on topic LOADpro
I bought a load pro and am not impressed with it I had a 03 F250 with a known broken ground at the frame G400 was the ground number and thought I would play with the load pro and attempted to use it as the instruction said. The customer complaint was no tail lights I pulled one of the tag lamp bulbs and did testing using the method that Dan said to use and due to the fact that there was no ground at all the tester would make you more confused if you did not know you had a missing ground I had to run a ground directly from Battery to get any results on the positive wire. I think there are better test methods that can be used. Just my opinion.

Hitting it with a Hammer is worth $5 knowing where to hit is worth $40

More
6 years 5 months ago #14681 by rolomoto
Replied by rolomoto on topic LOADpro
One thing I'm wondering about this tool is suppose you had a ground side switched solenoid and you wanted to check the harness wiring with the loadpro, you would need bidirectional controls to activate the driver or else you would just get ghost voltage from the open ground.
Basically without some way of activating the drivers in these circuits you can't use the tool?
Or am I missing something?
Thanks

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 5 months ago #14734 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic LOADpro
On a ground side switched circuit, you would read source voltage with the driver off.

If you're using the Load Pro, the next step is to disconnect the component, (and potentially fix the symptom for the time being, making you run in circles for the rest of the diag), then probe the power wire, then load the circuit with the tool and watch for voltage drop.

The only time I use mine is to check computer powers or something that must be unplugged to access the connector. Otherwise, I back probe or pierce the wire.
I think the tool is more geared toward people who strongly disagree with back probing or piercing wires for fear of damaging the harness.

Well, when the Starship Enterprise rolls into my bay, I'll be ready. But the 03 Ram out there is getting the old back probe.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: rolomoto

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds