A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Fluke PV350 vs. First Looke Sensor

More
5 years 7 months ago #23322 by Bigfoote13
Hey guys, does anyone have any suggestions regarding the first look sensor compared to the Fluke sensor I assume that they do the exact same thing? . Thanks, Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #23330 by Tyler
Sorry sir, but that's a tough comparison to make. Different tools for different jobs. A PV350 will be decent for in-cylinder testing and basic pressure/vacuum testing. An FLS will be excellent for intake/exhaust/crankcase pressure pulse testing, and nothing else. An FLS will not do in-cylinder testing, and a PV-350 isn't sensitive enough for pressure pulse testing.

Both can be used for testing mechanical and breathing issues, just in different ways. The Pico WPS500 is the only probe I know that does a decent job at both.

More
5 years 7 months ago #23349 by Andy.MacFadyen
As above the Fluke behaves like a pressure gauge, the Firstlook is a pulse sensor it behaves more like a microphone the output shows only rapid changes. The Fluke will do the in-cylinder pressure testing but I have seen a few posts in various places on the internet that show the output of the Fluke lacks resolution (fine detail) for the in-cylinder range.
The obvious alternative is the Pico but AutoDitex also make one which IN THE uk sells for around £280/350$ US AutoDitex In-Cylinder Pressure Sensor

I made my own it is actually fairly easy to make your own in-cylinder pressure tester, all that is required is a low cost pressure sensor off eBay and a 5v power supply. The sensor is just a 3 wire industrial pressure sensor from ebay and power supply is just a tiny voltage converter called a uBec designed for drones the total cost for the electrical parts is less than £25 or 30$ US.

There are also cheaper alternatives to the FirstLook Initially I made my own to experiment with but now use an AutoDitex
AutoDitex Pressure Pulse Sensor Which where I am in UK current cost under £60 which is about 80$ US

They have agents worldwide. AutoDitex Agents Link

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds