A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Vantage pro Amp clamp

More
5 years 8 months ago #22914 by Bigfoote13
Greetings again, I was using my vantage pro for the first time the other day trying to get a 600 amp reading Of my starting system. I didn’t notice in the menu any selection for 600 amp testing. Only Low amp 20 - 40 Amp settings. Does it not read higher amps? Thank you for any suggestions. Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22915 by Doodah14
Replied by Doodah14 on topic Vantage pro Amp clamp
The clamp is going to convert the reading into voltage. I don't know the exact conversion. It's like 100mv to 1 amp. Something like that. Set your scope to mv and play with the ranges. Someone here may know the exact conversion. That's what I had to donor my 400 amp probe.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22919 by Bigfoote13
Replied by Bigfoote13 on topic Vantage pro Amp clamp
Thanks a lot I’ll try that!

More
5 years 8 months ago #22922 by Bigfoote13
Replied by Bigfoote13 on topic Vantage pro Amp clamp
What initial setting do I use though?

More
5 years 8 months ago #22973 by GypsyR
Replied by GypsyR on topic Vantage pro Amp clamp
Part of using a scope is tweaking the settings to clarify what you want to see. THere's a pretty good video from Wells Electronics on this on YouTube. Not using a Vantage but another scope. But they illustrate just throwing it on the car and then how to adjust things to turn whatever base settings they had into what you need.to get a reading you can make sense of.

In particular, I think I might start with a 0-5 volt scale.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22974 by GypsyR
Replied by GypsyR on topic Vantage pro Amp clamp
Part of using a scope is tweaking the settings to clarify what you want to see. THere's a pretty good video from Wells Electronics on this on YouTube. Not using a Vantage but another scope. But they illustrate just throwing it on the car and then how to adjust things to turn whatever base settings they had into what you need.to get a reading you can make sense of.

In particular, I think I might start with a 0-5 volt scale. (Hope the link works)

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds