A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

My 4 Bulb 9 amp Test Light

More
5 years 8 months ago #22907 by graywave
Its still a work in progress but here is a picture of it so far. I got the idea from Ivan from Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics on youtube. Each banana is labeled with the amperage I can expect from it and adding certain ones together I can get a specific amount of amperage depending on the circuit I am testing. On top of that, I can measure the voltage drop across the light assembly which will give me a good indication how well the circuit is handling the load.

I still need to work on it a bit. Probably add a slightly bigger ground wire and give a little more slack to all the plugs. I think it will work out well. I have used it on the Bradley GT2 tonight which I spoke about in the diagnostics back pack thread and I am very happy with it so far.

I am also thinking of building a all in one light bulb load box with mini halogens and have a built in volt meter measuring across the tester. Parts in the amazon cart but I decided to build this instead.

Any suggestions are welcome :)

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22921 by Bigfoote13
That’s cool Graywire , I'll have to get some more of those connectors and do the same!

More
5 years 8 months ago #22924 by graywave
Replied by graywave on topic My 4 Bulb 9 amp Test Light
If you can find a good source for those stackable shielded banana terminals let me know. I paid over $50 for those plus some of the black terminals They cost a lot. I got mine from Zoro.com. I think anything over $50 is free shipping.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22933 by Bigfoote13
Amazon has them five for eight dollars. Look up stackable banana plugs.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22940 by graywave
Replied by graywave on topic My 4 Bulb 9 amp Test Light
Those don't appear to be shrouded nor does it look like those will accept shrouded plugs.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds