A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Hi! I'm new here on forum!

More
5 years 8 months ago #22599 by NEoX
So, I'm a student of electrical engineering and I want to buy an oscilloscope to learn more about stuff and have in mind some projects to do. At the moment I'm working on project "supervision of pellet furnace" with ESP8266 and automatic refilling. For that project I build my own schematic and board, but it has some problems and I want to debug it.
So I need an oscilloscope, and also in next semester I have a course about oscilloscope and measure.

My budget is 450€ max!

1. I was looking at some models like Rigol ds1054z but i don't know if this scope is best buy for that money in 2018. (I will unlock to 100MHz if still can and all other things like I2C,RS232...)

2. My main interest is digital electronic/microcontrollers/serial comunications (I2C,UART,RS232....)

3. I want to buy a product that I can use for long, long time as a student and to do hobby stuff with it and maybe one day for work

Please suggest me some oscilloscopes that will last.

Thanks!

Sorry if this topic doesn't belong here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #22622 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hi! I'm new here on forum!
Welcome to the community!
This is a fine place for your post, but check out the labscope discussion section of the forum to get an idea of what other people are using for what ;)
www.scannerdanner.com/forum/lab-scope-discussion.html

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Noah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds