A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Hscope for hantek scopes on android devices.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22242 by 1971rscamaro
I was playing around with hscope using my Hantek 1008C. I tried it with both my Samsung S5 phone and Dell android tablet. Only lets you use 2 channels in the full version. I am able to power the scope with both the phone and tablet without additional power. I bought a Micro-USB-2-0-A-Female-to-B-Male-Converter-OTG-Adapter-Cable to connect the phone/tablet port to the scope cable. So far I like the portability of this setup. Anyone else playing with this software?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22244 by Andy.MacFadyen
I have been watching it in Playstore much credit to the app developer, anything is better than the factory Hantek Windows software but the main problem I can see is the many perhaps the majority of Android devices don't support OTG unless you root them.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 8 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #22248 by 1971rscamaro
Since the demo software was free I thought it was worth spending 3 bucks on the adapter cable to give it a shot. I guess I got lucky on the compatibility with my devices. My old Dell venue 8 tablet running android 4.42 works. I ran a root checker on my phone and tablet. Tablet shows it's rooted (bought it new at Office Depot). Phone shows not rooted. Update, recently I got android working on my laptop with the android X86 software package. Works great with Hscope.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by 1971rscamaro. Reason: add photo and txt

More
4 years 8 months ago #32803 by martyparish
Hey new member here! I just got the cheap Hantek 6022BE in order to get started with scopes. I was figuring I'd need a laptop for working on cars but Hscope worked great on my old Motorola Droid. (android 4.4)

The screen is small but I do have a Amazon Fire tablet. I guess I'll have to side-load the app since it's not available on Amazon app store lol!

Hscope looks pretty decent to me, especially for free, but then again I am a noob to scopes so...

I also installed open source OpenHantek application on my Linux desktop and it works pretty good as well. I haven't even tried the software that comes with the hantek! And I may never!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 8 months ago #32813 by Andy.MacFadyen
With Amazon Tablets it is easy enough to get fulll access to PlayStore Apps by side loading PlayStore\

More
4 years 8 months ago #32815 by Andy.MacFadyen
How to Install the Google PlayStore in your Amazon Fire Tablet

getyeti.webflow.io/posts/how-to-install-...r-amazon-fire-tablet

More
4 years 8 months ago #32816 by martyparish
Thanks Andy. I got it installed on the Fire tablet and it works great. I don't even use that for anything so now it has a purpose. Appreciate the replies.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32990 by martyparish
Here are some shots of my 1996 5.7 Vortec cam and crank sensors.

I'm trying to figure out if I screwed up my scope (hantek 6022be) or if this is real. I've been having issues with the truck randomly stalling.

Anyhow, I know this isn't the forum for engine issues but here are the pics using the Hantek and Hscope on a Fire HD tablet (8").

What do y'all think? Obviously there's glitching going on somewhere lol!

Attachments:

More
3 years 11 months ago #39559 by Reeder
I know this is old, but I thought I'd try. What did you have to do to get Hscope to work on the computer. I have been unable to make it work so far. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds