A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Purchase BT Box Low Cost AC Impedance Battery Tester Android IOS

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #21797 by Andy.MacFadyen
Review to follow---

This Android screen capture is the test result on a fully charged Bosch Silver S5 Type 096 Battery (off car).

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #21806 by WisdomWarlord
Definitely watching for this!

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #21825 by Andy.MacFadyen
Here is a back to back test on two batteries comparing the results on the Autool BT with my Ring RBA50 ---
Ring RBA50 on Ring UK Website

Batteries used were a 3 year old Bosch Silver Calcium 096 and a Hankook MF56219 Heavy Duty 027 the results were broadly as expected --- the Hankook punches above its' weight

Good points the Autool BT gives fairly consistent battery test results on normal calcium batteries which roughly agree with those from the Ring RBA50, the test results are automatically saved and can be recalled viewed and shared.

With both these tester getting a good clean connection directly to the battery is required for consistent results.

Bad Points: The Autool has additional test, a starting test and charging test and also a remote battery monitor but these additional tests crashed on all my Android devices.The interfaced looked good but the blutooth connection kept dropping out.

Good value for the battery test alone but if buying again I buy a non Blutooth model (BT-360 or BT-460) from the same manufacturer.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, juergen.scholl

More
5 years 9 months ago #22001 by GypsyR
Nice as that screen looks I don't see myself fumbling around with that and bluetooth every time I need to check a battery.

I appreciate the heads up though. I didn't know the 360 and 460's existed until now. That BT-460 is looking pretty tempting. We have an OTC that I don't like too much that cost like six time what one of those does. I've had a yen for a battery tester to have at home too.
Thanks. Now just a matter of how long I can hold out before I buy one.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #22008 by Andy.MacFadyen
The main reason I was interested in the Android was that allows saving and sharing the test result I was also interested in remote monitoring of the battery in a hobby car .

To keep a maintenance float charge on various batteries around the garage I also have upgraded the smaller of my two battery chargers replacing a little Lidl smart charger with a really great little Maypole 3.8a smart charger. I am really impressed with this little unit less than half the price of the Cetek or Noco or Optimate and over comes the big disadvantage of the Lidl unit in that it remembers its settings and will restart automatically after a power outage.

Link to product manufacturer Maypole 7423 Charger

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 9 months ago #22350 by 1971rscamaro
I bought a BT box about a month ago and I use it with my Samsung S5 phone. So far no bluetooth dropouts. All tests run.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds