A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

OTC Evolve, GScan 2, Maxisys Elite?

More
5 years 11 months ago #20771 by AutoSpec
Hey there, just wanted to see if anyone here has any first hand experience with the new OTC Evolve scanner. I have been looking at different options than my current Snap On setup and most seem pretty happy with their Autel Maxisys Elite and I have not heard of anyone that has missed their Snap On units after transitioning to a different system.

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20778 by bruce.oliver
There is no perfect scantool. Buddy of mine has a touchscreen OTC it wouldn't do the trans CVI relearn on a Caravan. My snapon did. There has been a couple times that I've had to borrow another techs Autel. They will all do things that others won't. But one thing snapon does do better is graphing data, IMO

More
5 years 11 months ago #20781 by AutoSpec
I appreciate that insight and overall I have been quite satisfied with my Snap On Verus but since it can no longer be updated I am weighing my options on other systems. Really just wondering if anyone has used the latest iterations of the Autel Maxisys Elite or the new OTC Evolve that could compare to their Snap On. Again this will be to supplement my Verus, Tech ll/TIS, and Techstream.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

More
5 years 11 months ago #20803 by bruce.oliver
I would go with the Autel. With your other tools probly nothing you won't be able to do that the evolve would. Autel compliments SO very well

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds