A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Diagnostic Tools Market.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2185 by Themis
Hi there,

i want to buy one Oszilloskope(never had one) but which one?? The market has many but not all do the job, so im asking you guys with which one can work at best? does anyone have a second one used that doesnt need anymore? i could buy it from him.

My Diagnostik tool is a launch X431PRO , its not bad but for some Vehicles no STFT/LTFT data. I think i have to upgrade it too.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2199 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Diagnostic Tools Market.

i want to buy one Oszilloskope(never had one) but which one??

Depends on a few things.... Budget, number of channels, quality,..... You never had one, not the same as never used one of course....
You can have a look in the Tools section here. As mentioned before the Uscope is a pretty good scope for starters. It only has 1 channel but seems to work great. Also check out the other topics in this section on scopes.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2203 by Themis
Replied by Themis on topic Diagnostic Tools Market.
I checked all the Forum and im searching for weeks to find one . Budget depends, for a good tool i dont mind to spend some more.
I need 2 channels and at least 20mHZ. I dont want one that has to work with a laptop or a PC i need a display, if im under a car it needs to be on my hand.
i have used one a long time ago but i dont mind this we are here to learn more right?
What i see on the market or they are very cheap or very expensive :blink:

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2208 by Andy.MacFadyen
One thing to beware is most online reviews of scopes are by electronic techie reviewers only inerested in performance at the very high end of the frequency range.
Chinese scope makers tend to over claim the bandwidth of their scopes as a rule of thumb devide bandwidth by 4 but for any car work I have done 1MB/S is enough.
If you don't want a USB scope then you have a choice of a Palm sized, or a Handheld or a Battery Powered Labscope. If I am checking out an ABS sensor or anything else under the car I tend to reach for my little DSO201 Nano for ignition captures I use a Owon DSO7120v wth the optional battery. But I think what you are really looking for is a handeld units made by Owon or Hantek or Uni-T.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2267 by richiepearce
Maybe look at a used snap on Vantage, versatile and a good tool to learn with.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2276 by 1mouse3
Replied by 1mouse3 on topic Diagnostic Tools Market.
the fluke 90s scopemeters are viable 2ch tools at a good price like the 50mhz 97/99 with green scale or 60mhz 96b-100mhz 99b/105b with gray scale (these have a better screen, backlight, layout and gives simple help).
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 1mouse3.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds