A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

MODIS SCANNER 7.2 SOFTWARE

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19837 by Mechanic 350
can anyone provide some information as to what would the cost of replacing the battery be? and getting some upgrades to my modis? very old. is it worth it? thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #19839 by graywave
Replied by graywave on topic MODIS SCANNER 7.2 SOFTWARE
You can't purchase updates for the old modis anymore but i do have a disc image of v13.4. I have to find it on my PC but I'll give you a link to it.

You will need Aomei Backupper Free Software to recover the 13.4 disc image. I would recommend buying a new CF card so you don't ruin your original. The Image is only roughly 250MB.

I'll update this after work. In terms of the battery, I have seen some crazy prices but you may want to see if you can get the battery pack rebuilt instead.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by graywave.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19841 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic MODIS SCANNER 7.2 SOFTWARE
I just spent $260 +tax to replace the battery in my older Verus.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19874 by Mechanic 350
Thanks graywave

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #19883 by graywave
Replied by graywave on topic MODIS SCANNER 7.2 SOFTWARE
Here is a link to download the 13.4 Modis disc image from my google drive. This image is for the CF card under the left rubber handle grip.
drive.google.com/file/d/1bo2d-pIb1q_gn_e...MzZ/view?usp=sharing

Aomei Backupper Standard Free is what you will need to recover the image to a CF Memory Card. I would still purchase a new one so you don't mess up the one you have and get a card reader that has a slot of CF cards.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by graywave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
6 years 6 days ago #20143 by GypsyR
Replied by GypsyR on topic MODIS SCANNER 7.2 SOFTWARE

graywave wrote:
You will need Aomei Backupper Free Software to recover the 13.4 disc image. I would recommend buying a new CF card so you don't ruin your original. The Image is only roughly 250MB.

I kinda didn't think this would work on my Modis but I had a CF card and just like fooling with things like that, so...
Aomei says there's not enough "extra" room on the 512MB CF card I have and the restore stops there.

Odd, because as you said it's just 251MB. I tried using a temporary partition and restoring to that instead of directly to the card. Aomei wouldn't recognize it as a drive. I'm just messing around so it doesn't really matter to me but if someone really needed to do this...I'm guessing they'd need a bigger CF card? Hopefully that's all it is. I know from experience it's pretty awful to have a backup that's broken in some way that you can't use it when you actually need it.

When I do stuff like this I've lately been using Macrium Relect to "image" a drive and then paste a bootable copy of it somewhere else. That's what I used to copy my Verdict software onto a bigger SSD drive. Not a great program or particularly intuitive but it's OK.

More
6 years 6 days ago #20146 by Buggyalstare
Hello I'm computer ignorant and was going to purchase a new 512 mb cf card to try this as well. Did your card already have data on it and is that why it wouldn't work? Or was yours 512mb of usable space? I'm only asking because the card will cost me close to $100 and I don't want to get it if this won't work. My original modis is running 8.4 and my second modis has 13.2 or 13.4 I can't remember. Also wanted to ask is it necessary to use snap on cf card only or could I use a scandisk cf card that has more gb on it? thank you for any help

More
6 years 6 days ago #20150 by GypsyR
You can buy an off-brand CF card for $10 (not really recommended) or a Sandisk for a bout $20. The Snapon one if just a good quality CF card with a SnapOn sticker on it, nothing special about it.

I'm pretty computer savvy and haven't gotten this to work so I'd hold off until graywave chips in again maybe with more info. (Assuming he's had this work.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buggyalstare

More
5 years 11 months ago #21054 by GypsyR
I've given up on this. Aomei is pretty restrictive about what it will do and evidently won't do as Graywave said for me. I suppose that image isn't usable by a more flexible program so...pffft. I have an extra CF card I guess. I suppose I might could try and image my original CF card as a backup and see if that works. When I get some free time.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds