A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

OTC Genisys Touch Live Data Buffer Erases when scrolling

More
6 years 2 months ago #17984 by graywave
Hi Guys,

Recently I made a purchase on a used "like new condition" OTC Genisys Touch. I know its discontinued but there is an update v3.8 coming out for it which should at least make it usable for the next few years. I was kinda on cloud 9 when using it up until I put it to the test and found a huge flaw.

While in live data (aka Data Stream), if I have a long list and need to scroll through, all of my data pids reset as soon as I start scrolling and I get a message saying "no data" in all the PIDs for anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute before the scanner starts showing results again. This also wipes out all PID history buffers. This completely hinders this tool 100% useless.

Has anyone else used this tool and experienced this? Is there a way to fix this?

When I purchased it it had version 3.4 on it and it now has the latest 3.7 version on it. The tool still has an active subscription.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18007 by juergen.scholl
Graywave,

not sure about the touch screen version but the original button navigated Genisys worked exactly the way you complain about, although it woul not take more than some 15 or 20 seconds to refresh tge pid list when scrolling. There was no "fix' for this behavior. .....but you always may ask Bosch if they came up with something new for touch screen work about.

A work around you could employ:
As the number of pids displayed on 1 screen actually is pretty numerous just configure a custom data list that fits your needs and does not exceed the display. That way you will have a quicker update rate of the displayed pids as well and most of possible problem areas will be covered with up to 12 pids once you configure your custom data.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18012 by graywave
Thanks Juergen

Its a very unfortunate "feature" I suppose OTC has put into their scanners. I do limit my PID list all the time but many times I will have 10 pids or so I want to monitor at the same time but with this scanner if I decide to keep it, I can only view 6 pids max if I am graphing them out and maybe 8 or 10 max without graphing.

What is really odd is all the reviews I have been watching of it, when they show the live data and you can clearly see it reset, no one says anything about it. I utilize live data to its fullest extent, I love the history buffer, having it wipe out is wrong in so many ways.

Thanks for sharing Juergen

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds