A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

early OBD

More
6 years 2 months ago #17791 by Grayfox
early OBD was created by Grayfox
Does anyone know of a scan tool for early '90s
i have a '93 Isuzu rodeo 4 whd 5 speed

this was the first year of the Isuzu motor after they left the GM motor. the shop service manual calls out the Tech 1 with a TK-2470C-1 diag cartridge. i found a tech 1 is about 400 on ebay but the only Isuzu diag cartridge is '87-'92. which may well work. but i would rather not put a excessive amount of money out on a outdated platform. but i really wanna see the block learn numbers, im reasonably sure it is running rich, no CEL but from what i read basic things like block learn values, ECT, fuel trim values and such were pulled out with the tech 1. which would not be live data, ju st a reference, but it would give some better direction. the car has no rust and i would like to hang onto it . the red brick has crossed my mind a few times. but im not sure if it works with the old 3 pin plugs. the photos show the information in the shop manual than i am referring to

question #2 - perhaps only Mr Danner can answer this. in a video it was mentioned that on the older systems a analog volt meter or a scope could be used on the 3 pin DLC and read the sweeps of the needle for the codes or the square waves for the codes... not sure if i remember that correctly or not, but would the vantage pro in scope mode work on this.

all comments and ideas are appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17792 by Grayfox
Replied by Grayfox on topic early OBD
LoL those photo were suppose to be between the 2 questions, not in the middle of the 1st question. sorry bout that

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 2 months ago #17794 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic early OBD
When I got my first old Modis, it came with bunches of pre OBD 2 connectors. I only used the Ford one and the Chevy one a few times, but was never really able to get much good info...
So, to answer your question, there should be some Snap On machines that are less obsolete than the old red brick mt2500 that would do the job. Provided of course they come with (or you can find) the correct adapter.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 2 months ago #17803 by Grayfox
Replied by Grayfox on topic early OBD
interesting. thank you for that input

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds