A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Teaching experience

More
6 years 3 months ago #17499 by bruce.oliver
Had another teaching experience today with one of the other techs I work with. It seems like I'm teaching him the same things over and over. I'm determined to get through to him but haven't yet. Maybe our ATG circuit and electrical testing class in a couple weeks will get through to him where I've failed

1989 Chevy truck hard to start and barely runs. Customer has thrown several parts at it. He looked at data and the O2 was staying under 300mv. I asked if the customer put a fuel pump in it. He said no but he was going to check pressure. I suggested he check fuel pump current instead. The fuel pump relay is on the firewall so very easy to check. He checked fuel pressure anyway and it was almost 0 psi. He wanted to call the pump but I said let's check the current first. Fuel pump was drawing 1.9 amps. So I walked him through what that meant. He checked power and ground. 3.3v on the power feed to the pump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17518 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Teaching experience
Nice catch, sir. ;) Hopefully your coworker recognizes that you saved him an almost certain comeback.

Let me know what you think of that ATG class? I've been pretty happy with the diesel classes I've taken from them recently.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17941 by bruce.oliver
Replied by bruce.oliver on topic Teaching experience

Tyler wrote: Nice catch, sir. ;) Hopefully your coworker recognizes that you saved him an almost certain comeback.

Let me know what you think of that ATG class? I've been pretty happy with the diesel classes I've taken from them recently.

First night of class last night. Great class, especially if you need help with electrical testing. And of course the book has a ton of info in it as usual. Highly recommend

More
6 years 2 months ago #18014 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Teaching experience

bruce.oliver wrote: First night of class last night. Great class, especially if you need help with electrical testing. And of course the book has a ton of info in it as usual. Highly recommend

Agreed, the book is the best part. :) I've bought a couple of their manuals on their own, great stuff.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds