A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

triggers on data pids

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17160 by ptebo1
triggers on data pids was created by ptebo1
]I want to talk about setting triggers on certain data pids to aid in diagnosis. I never have really set triggers I have always just did what i had to do while data logging and then went back and viewed the data. I ran into an instance today where I thought to myself if ever there was a chance to use a trigger this is it. 2016 Impala is setting two codes intermittently p2269 and p0178. p0178 sets when the fuel composition sensor is below 45HZ for 6 seconds and p 2269 sets when the sensor is above 185Hz for 6 seconds. data pid was currently at 61 Hz . so I set my trigger from 45 to 185 and began the tap / wiggle test all over the car. I pulled the back seat. trim panels. Finally the air cleaner and when I wiggled the harness in the engine bay the scanner went BEEEEEP! So I thought that was pretty cool. Still not sure triggers are very useful in most other circumstances...
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ptebo1. Reason: too many images

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 3 months ago #17173 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic triggers on data pids
Nice find ;)
I've never used a pid trigger or seen anyone use one outside of a Snap On training seminar, but I figured it must be useful sometime.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds