A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Arduino Kits for Guys Like Me

More
6 years 3 months ago #17007 by rockp2
Hope I am posting in the correct forum, didn't think it is off topic from auto world. Please move if I am wrong. Anyway, wanted to share something I've very recently stumbled on that is very helpful to guys like me. A couple weeks ago I stumbled upon Arduino/Arduino Clone kits on ebay (the market is flooded with them). Anyway, over a few days of playing with the Arduino board and watching YouTube tutorials by a Brit named mjlorton, I've significantly increased my understanding of how circuits work indifferent applications (he also has a fantastic two part video on Ohm's Law, current, voltage and resistance and their applications
)

So if your like me and the circuit world has been black magic and a little voodoo, I highly recommend getting yourself an Arduino/Clone kit. They can be very cheap. Of course the more knowledgeable and experienced guys here are already sharp on this stuff. But for guys like me, it's very helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17008 by rockp2
Crap, somehow I put this post in the Welcome Mat...moderators please move to appropriate forum. Apologies.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17014 by Andy.MacFadyen
No problemo :-) I have watched two or three of mjlorton videos over the last year or so he is a pretty sound guy and puts it over well.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 3 months ago #17031 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Arduino Kits for Guys Like Me
That's a good tutorial for fundamentals. Well explained.
I'll move your thread to diagnostic & techniques.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockp2

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds