A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner

More
6 years 3 months ago #16939 by torque_Spec
I am looking at a scanner on Amazon, the Launch X431 V+. Here is the link www.amazon.com/dp/B00NID586M?ref_=pe_623860_70668520

So I went to launchtechusa.com to find the "Launch X431 V+" but they do not list it there.
So in the exact words I asked the seller on Amazon, this is verbatim "I do not see the “launch x431 v+” listed on the launchtechusa.com website. how come?"

Here is their response in verbatim format.
Leoglobal-Customer Service Team answered:
"Dear sir, please notice , the launch x431 v+ is from Launch Tech, the headquarter of Launch tech usa, Please notice we and Launch Tech USA are distributor from Launch Tech, the rights owner of "Launch",we are legally authorized distributor from Launch to sell Launch products on Amazon, so actually we and Launch Tech USA are competitors in selling Launch products on US market, and they do not sell on Amazon,
all Launch products we sell on Amazon are authentic and original from Launch, we can ask Launch Tech to offer proof letter according to the serial number of the product, what's more, we also have authorization certificate from Launch Tech,
Just contact us for after-sale service and support but not Launch Tech USA".

How do I interpret this? My gut says to move on and find a different scanner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chisel, aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16949 by dkggpeters
If they claim that they can send a letter then I highly doubt that they are an approved dealer. I noticed the same thing when looking at the Autel Scanners on Amazon. I ended up making sure it came from an approved dealer. Once your return period is up at Amazon, then you are on your own and have no recourse if the device is not supported by Launch.

You should be able to call Launch to verify if they are an approved dealer and if they would support the device. You can do this with Autel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

More
6 years 3 months ago #16955 by Can Bus
The language makes it seem sketchy. Also note that the seller does not want you to contact Launch for any issues, rather contact the seller. So, for those reasons...I'm out.

There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question, If It's Sincere. Better To Ask And Risk Appearing Stupid Than To Continue On Your Own Ignorant Way And Make A Stupid Mistake. Author Confidential/Unknown

More
6 years 3 months ago #16956 by dkggpeters
as "Can Bus" pointed out. The fact that they don't want you to contact Launch directly is very suspicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, aboudi.naddaf

More
6 years 3 months ago #16959 by Andy.MacFadyen
Clone or grey import so grey it should be taken to Area 51

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 3 months ago #16963 by Can Bus
HaHAha Andy, awesome signature

There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question, If It's Sincere. Better To Ask And Risk Appearing Stupid Than To Continue On Your Own Ignorant Way And Make A Stupid Mistake. Author Confidential/Unknown

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16965 by torque_Spec
I emailed the seller on Amazon another question, here it is verbatim.
Q: What is the manufacturer website url of this exact product model number “launch x431 v+”?
A: The office website of Launch is www.dbscar.com/ .

Well I went a step further and contacted Launch Tech Co.,Ltd located in China. This is Launch Tech headquarters. I asked them for a list of authorized sellers in the United States. They replied with a link to Launch Tech USA and that was it. Here is the link: launchtechusa.com/distributors/

I would say this is proof that the seller is likely not on the up and up.
Anyway this is good to know and I hope this helps someone.

Thank you for all the responses!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by torque_Spec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, chisel, aboudi.naddaf

More
6 years 3 months ago #17024 by mph855
I bought one off Amazon using Prime back in December. Got it, dowloaded all the updates and registered it. It seemed like a legit tool, but the more I used it the more I found holes in the data. It would not do certain functions even though they were listed. Not sure if that was a Launch issue or a grey market import issue. I sent mine back for a full refund after contacting Launch US and providing them my serial number. They said my unit I received was "not intended for the US".

If you want one buy from the list of dealers on Launch US website. They also confirmed AESwave.com to be an authorized dealer. You may pay more than the Amazon price but you are also getting support for the tool past 30 days.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17040 by dkggpeters
I am glad I saw these threads when looking for an Autel since I was buying from Amazon. I always just figured it would be legit if you purchased through Amazon and after contacting some of the sellers, their answers made me nervous.

More
5 years 1 week ago #28693 by chasencai
i found there are many online seller,Amazon,eBay,UOBD2,obd360,and other online supplier for Launch X431.Which will you buy from?
And which one do you believe is legal?

More
5 years 4 days ago #28871 by Haydenpoulsen
I have just recently bought a Launch X431v+ off Amazon also. I have concerns about the legitimacy of the product, hoping this forum can give me insight.

So far the few vehicles I have tried it works very well. When I spoke to Launch USA, they had told me it is a legitimate product, however it is only available from Launch in China (cnlaunch.com) and is not intended to work on US vehicles.

Before my final return date on May 5, I'd love to hear inputs if anyone has them in regards to how well it works. If needed, I will return it and purchase the US equivalent from Mac Tools. I will be using this at work, and want it to perform very well on an array of cars.
Thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago #30786 by chisel
Drawing a blank on some things here: If Launch USA claimed the scanner is legit but only available in China while not being intended to work on vehicles in the USA, where does Launch USA get their stock? They certainly don't make them. Isn't the manufacturer of all the units located in China? Further, how do these 'unauthorized' Amazon and other vendors manage to get enough units from the Chinese factory to make their trade worthwhile but still cannot get certified seller status?

I am interested in all things Launch and in X431 particularly. Reason being, and I've stated this ad nauseam, its the only automotive diagnostic scanner I've actually seen, and the only one I (note use of the first-person-singular) can guarantee will work on most vehicles in my spot on the earth.
In the Caribbean isles there are a ton (actually mega-tons) of JDM imported used vehicles and also new Asian vehicles that were specifically assembled for this part of the world. These vehicles don't necessarily conform to the requirements of the USA or Europe OBD-wise, because they simply don't have to. It's not legally required in the region. An Asian car imported to the USA is a far different puppy to one in the isles, though the make and model ID may
be identical. But we import practically everything except vehicles, from the USA. As a result we go on the internet, (Amazon, whatever) note that a scanner works on domestic (USA) vehicles as well as Asian and we purchase only to be disappointed when it doesn't work on a single vehicle in our respective isle. More money has been wasted in this manner than any of us are willing to admit.

It's likely some vendors on Amazon, Ebay et al, sell genuine Launch tools but US buyers may find discrepancies because the software they run on is region specific. One way we'd know for sure is by sharing experiences.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30827 by Chen
Replied by Chen on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
Launch X431 V and V+ has real same function

All Launch scan tool from China,include Launch USA goods.

Different agents sell Launch scan tool.

We provide Launch support,FB @Kingbolen.fans

Hope it helpful for your guys.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30838 by chasencai
because launchusa just a dealer of Launch company on USA.
They do not have all launch x431 product released by Launch
Many launch x431 seller on Amazon,eBay,aliexpress or some other their own website (UOBD2)
some of them only seller Launch X431 online,so you can buy launch x431 online.
Just ask the functions and vehicle models you want supported?

More
4 years 10 months ago #30852 by Haydenpoulsen
Would like to update. After some research only one Amazon pink seems most legit, which is the one I purchased. And honestly I love it. It has yet to fail on an array of cars, thought I will say some communicate rather slowly.
Bang for buck though? Highly recommend.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30856 by Andy.MacFadyen
Both in the USA and Europe the official Launch importers only really sell and support the pro level launch products which is understandable.
Grey import Launch products tend to be fine but support of any kind from Launch China is zero.
What I will say about Launch X431 products is they are the only scanntool that connects to a huge range of cars first time everytime.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30863 by TheTechWhisperer
IDK if anyone else already mentioned this, but it's almost the exact same tool as the Matco Maximus 2.0. I have an x431 in my arsenal, and I regularly use the "Tech to Tech" feature with friends who have the re-branded Matco version. It's cool because I am able to remotely take control of their scanner if they need a second opinion on a car, no matter where I am traveling at the time. I also like being able to quickly pull up my AllData and identifix right on the tool, easily toggling between that and my data pids, etc...

I have ALOT of scanners due to the nature of my job, and this Launch is most comparable with my Autel Maxisys, very similar depth & coverage. They are both strong with the same manufacturers, and are also weaker on the same types of vehicles, for the most part. I know you didn't ask for a tool comparison, but hopefully this info is helpful to someone else reading this.

Both the Launch x-431 and the Autel Maxisys will never stop surprising you in what they can do on certain vehicles, and yet they will both often leave you frustrated with incompletely coded & non-functional features when you select them. But overall? They will both get the job done as your primary "go-to" scanner, and the value is incredible. You will be happy with what you get for a very reasonable price. You can buy both this tool and a Pico, and still pay less than a Snap-on. Not to mention, Snap-On scanners depreciate in value quicker than a 7-Series BMW.

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Ford FACT Advanced Electronics Instructor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, Andy.MacFadyen, chisel, simclardy, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 10 months ago #30899 by chisel
Well! There's more useful information in this thread than I could drudge up in total otherwise.

Now if I could only get my Caribbean brethren to contribute and round out the discussion:
What has been your experience? Have you bought from the list of authorized dealers supplied by Launch USA?
Was it Amazon or Ebay? Did you need support from the vendor and was it forthcoming?
I know that you've chosen some version of the X431 because that's the only scanner you trust in our region.
So is your version performing as well as that of the mechanic whose carry-case you copied the brand name from?
How do I know? Because that's the only information you could get out of him!
Ah well. It's an island thing. We must protect the Crown's secrets you know, (Wink! Wink!).

More
4 years 9 months ago #31320 by rome83
I just bought a X431 V 8 inch version from Amazon. I spent a shitload of time looking to get a genuine one from a reputable seller. I found them on Amazon but there was a lot of sellers. I'm in Australia so I contacted the sales department in Australia and he was warning me against buying any off Amazon and the like because they are cheap Chinese copies and they cannot be registered outside of Asia. So I searched a lot of the suppliers on Amazon and I found one that I saw post comments on some of the Launch YouTube reviews. I contacted them directly and got the usual spiel that I would have expected from a fake seller also. So... I contacted Launch Tech China directly and confirmed whether this seller was a distributor for them, and they confirmed they were. So after much back and forth, I did enough research to get me the genuine product from an authorised seller on Amazon. Launch Tech China told me that I can contact them directly for any support that I need after I get the tool which debunks the fact that people say Launch offers no support. It is on the way and I should receive it in a week. If it is good, I'm going to get the Diagun IV for my mobile van also. I already have RossTech VCDS, Autel MaxiSys Elite, Snap- On Modis and Gscan, but this Launch is so ridiculously cheap, I had to get it and try it. So it will be interesting to see how it compares, particularly on the Australian cars.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31346 by chisel
Rromano, thanks for contributing. Could you follow through when you get the Launch and report how it performs?

It is my understanding that Japanese new car exports to Australia are practically the same as those assembled for this region. I remember a Daihatsu Charade G11 that one of your countrymen modified with a super charger and other performance gear. Seemed it was a rocket when he was finished. It was featured on a popular website (defunct now i believe) which highlighted conversions and tuning for performance.

It's incredible you have such a collection of diagnostic scanners. it must be a joy to work on vehicles knowing you have so many options.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds