ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

× A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner

• torque_Spec
  • torque_Spec's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2018 22:16 #16939 by torque_Spec
Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner was created by torque_Spec
I am looking at a scanner on Amazon, the Launch X431 V+. Here is the link www.amazon.com/dp/B00NID586M?ref_=pe_623860_70668520

So I went to launchtechusa.com to find the "Launch X431 V+" but they do not list it there.
So in the exact words I asked the seller on Amazon, this is verbatim "I do not see the “launch x431 v+” listed on the launchtechusa.com website. how come?"

Here is their response in verbatim format.
Leoglobal-Customer Service Team answered:
"Dear sir, please notice , the launch x431 v+ is from Launch Tech, the headquarter of Launch tech usa, Please notice we and Launch Tech USA are distributor from Launch Tech, the rights owner of "Launch",we are legally authorized distributor from Launch to sell Launch products on Amazon, so actually we and Launch Tech USA are competitors in selling Launch products on US market, and they do not sell on Amazon,
all Launch products we sell on Amazon are authentic and original from Launch, we can ask Launch Tech to offer proof letter according to the serial number of the product, what's more, we also have authorization certificate from Launch Tech,
Just contact us for after-sale service and support but not Launch Tech USA".

How do I interpret this? My gut says to move on and find a different scanner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2018 09:50 #16949 by dkggpeters
Replied by dkggpeters on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
If they claim that they can send a letter then I highly doubt that they are an approved dealer. I noticed the same thing when looking at the Autel Scanners on Amazon. I ended up making sure it came from an approved dealer. Once your return period is up at Amazon, then you are on your own and have no recourse if the device is not supported by Launch.

You should be able to call Launch to verify if they are an approved dealer and if they would support the device. You can do this with Autel.

More
17 Jan 2018 13:40 #16955 by Can Bus
Replied by Can Bus on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
The language makes it seem sketchy. Also note that the seller does not want you to contact Launch for any issues, rather contact the seller. So, for those reasons...I'm out.

There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question, If It's Sincere. Better To Ask And Risk Appearing Stupid Than To Continue On Your Own Ignorant Way And Make A Stupid Mistake. Author Confidential/Unknown

More
17 Jan 2018 15:13 #16956 by dkggpeters
as "Can Bus" pointed out. The fact that they don't want you to contact Launch directly is very suspicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
17 Jan 2018 16:36 #16959 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
Clone or grey import so grey it should be taken to Area 51

"It is the nature of every person to error, but only the fool perseveres in error." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Read more at: www.brainyquote.com/authors/marcus_tullius_cicero

More
17 Jan 2018 17:39 #16963 by Can Bus
Replied by Can Bus on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
HaHAha Andy, awesome signature

There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question, If It's Sincere. Better To Ask And Risk Appearing Stupid Than To Continue On Your Own Ignorant Way And Make A Stupid Mistake. Author Confidential/Unknown

• torque_Spec
  • torque_Spec's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 Jan 2018 18:17 - 17 Jan 2018 18:20 #16965 by torque_Spec
Replied by torque_Spec on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
I emailed the seller on Amazon another question, here it is verbatim.
Q: What is the manufacturer website url of this exact product model number “launch x431 v+”?
A: The office website of Launch is www.dbscar.com/ .

Well I went a step further and contacted Launch Tech Co.,Ltd located in China. This is Launch Tech headquarters. I asked them for a list of authorized sellers in the United States. They replied with a link to Launch Tech USA and that was it. Here is the link: launchtechusa.com/distributors/

I would say this is proof that the seller is likely not on the up and up.
Anyway this is good to know and I hope this helps someone.

Thank you for all the responses!
Last edit: 17 Jan 2018 18:20 by torque_Spec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
19 Jan 2018 08:22 #17024 by mph855
Replied by mph855 on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
I bought one off Amazon using Prime back in December. Got it, dowloaded all the updates and registered it. It seemed like a legit tool, but the more I used it the more I found holes in the data. It would not do certain functions even though they were listed. Not sure if that was a Launch issue or a grey market import issue. I sent mine back for a full refund after contacting Launch US and providing them my serial number. They said my unit I received was "not intended for the US".

If you want one buy from the list of dealers on Launch US website. They also confirmed AESwave.com to be an authorized dealer. You may pay more than the Amazon price but you are also getting support for the tool past 30 days.

More
19 Jan 2018 14:29 #17040 by dkggpeters
I am glad I saw these threads when looking for an Autel since I was buying from Amazon. I always just figured it would be legit if you purchased through Amazon and after contacting some of the sellers, their answers made me nervous.

More
15 Apr 2019 01:59 #28693 by chasencai
Replied by chasencai on topic Amazon Launch x431 v+ scanner
i found there are many online seller,Amazon,eBay,UOBD2,obd360,and other online supplier for Launch X431.Which will you buy from?
And which one do you believe is legal?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds