A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Shop Stream Connect Scope Viewer Stops Working

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16742 by graywave
Hi Guys,

I love being able to go through the modis scope files on the computer and being able to manipulate them and scroll through to get a better picture. Problem is the scope viewer seems to stop opening the Modis LSP files after opening maybe 5-7 files or 5-7 times between different files. I tried this on 3 different computers and happens on all of them. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the scope viewer still wont work once. Snap on said to remove antivirus software which I did but no change.

Anyone experience this at all with Snap On's Shop Stream Connect Software?

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by graywave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16745 by Tyler
I can't say I've had that problem. :blink: But, the Ultra generates .vsm files from scope captures, instead of .lsp. Could you send me one, just to try? wrenchturnsyou@gmail.com

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16747 by graywave
Sure thing. I was wondering if it was an extension difference between old and new snap on scope hardware. I"ll send you a waveform from the 06 Altima. I am usually able to open the file 5-7 times before the scope viewer stops working all together. After that, its, find a different computer to install shop stream on cause I never get it to work again.

Hopefully it doesn't ruin your software.

In fact, do you have a vsm file you could send me in reply?

More
6 years 3 months ago #16757 by Tyler
Couldn't find an issue! :dry: Opened and closed it about 20 times, no problems. Wonder what changed...

Sent a VSM back.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16767 by graywave
Thanks. Tried your VSM file and it doesn't open up.

Can't find a solution. There is obviously a common denominator between all 3 or my PCs. I may reinstall windows for the hell of it on my laptop at the shop as that would be the easiest one since there is nothing on it and try it after that. Maybe I can come to some conclusion

Do you have Windows 10?

More
6 years 3 months ago #16770 by Tyler
Wow, wouldn't open? I'm surprised. I even opened that file just to make darn sure it worked before sending it to you. :silly:

I've got Windows 7, maybe that's the difference? Is SSC up to date? They do periodically release new versions with bug fixes and such.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27966 by la1z24
Same issue here on a Surface Laptop, and Surface Pro 6. I was able to get it going again on the SP6 after a full W10 reinstallation :-/.

Any solution yet?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by la1z24.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28205 by la1z24

graywave wrote: Hi Guys,

I love being able to go through the modis scope files on the computer and being able to manipulate them and scroll through to get a better picture. Problem is the scope viewer seems to stop opening the Modis LSP files after opening maybe 5-7 files or 5-7 times between different files. I tried this on 3 different computers and happens on all of them. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the scope viewer still wont work once. Snap on said to remove antivirus software which I did but no change.

Anyone experience this at all with Snap On's Shop Stream Connect Software?

FIXED VIA WORKAROUND!

In the install folder for ShopStream Connect...Snap-On Incorporated/ShopStream Connect/Scope DataViewer/scopedataviewer.exe is the application that ShopStream Connect automatically opens to view the waveform. For whatever reason, SSC can't open that .exe correctly. But you can create a shortcut and open it on your own. Confirmed waveform won't open with the browser, but will open right up if I use the above mentioned .exe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds