A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Snapon Modis Edge

More
6 years 3 months ago #16734 by Can Bus
Snapon Modis Edge was created by Can Bus
Is anyone here using the Modis Edge? Im thinking of purchasing a repo from Snapon. I do not want a basic scanner. I currently own a Matco MaxMe upgraded to MaxGo scanner. With the MaxGo i can do some things that the Snapon Solus Ultra that another tech has cannot do. But there are times when the other techs Solus will do what my MaxGo will not do. The MaxGo is similiar in layout and platform as the Autel Maxisys. So i like both systems.

Im keeping the MaxGo. But i need scope and graphing capabilities which the Modis Edge does.

Who has used the Modis Edge in depth for serious diagnostics and what do you think, like, and dislike about it?

There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question, If It's Sincere. Better To Ask And Risk Appearing Stupid Than To Continue On Your Own Ignorant Way And Make A Stupid Mistake. Author Confidential/Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16735 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Snapon Modis Edge
My shop has a Modis Edge, and I've got a Modis Ultra. I really enjoy using the Edge, very nice tool overall. The Edge does a couple things the Ultra won't, like checking Readiness Monitors during the Code Scan, and the Oil Spec database on the main screen. Handy to have, but not dealbreakers.

I have no complains about the Edge, other than what you mentioned about the Snap-On software itself. Like you, I've found that there are gaps in coverage that other scanners will fill in, so it's tough to rely completely on one scanner for everything. Otherwise, I've found the Edge to be very competent for diagnostics. It's literally seconds between connecting to the DLC and getting codes/data, especially on CAN enabled vehicles. I also really like how easy they make it to save data for review later.

If the repo is in decent shape, then I say go for it! :)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Tyler. Reason: call me maybe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Can Bus

More
6 years 3 months ago #16796 by bruce.oliver
Replied by bruce.oliver on topic Snapon Modis Edge
The Solus and the Modis are the same scantool just the Modis has a 2 channel scope built in. There are some differences between the ultra and the edge versions of each. I have a modis ultra.The modis/solus scanners have the same scantool functions as the Verus has. Just the verus is windows based and has a larger screen.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds