A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Verus EDGE stylus pen stopped working

More
6 years 4 months ago #15853 by CurrentDraw
The screen on my EDGE stopped detecting the stylus pen. It detects the finger touch but cannot detect the pen. I have tried a new one off the snap-on truck, although it was a generic snap-on pen.

I have tried going though every possible configuration via control panel with no luck.

Anyone else have this happen to them, is there a way to disable/enable the stylus feature? If so I am having a difficult time finding it.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 4 months ago #15989 by Noah
I've never used a Verus Edge but all the touchscreen Snap On stuff I have never cares what I use to poke the screen.
Screwdriver, ballpoint pen, stylus, greasy finger...
Did you ask your rep to look into it for you?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: CurrentDraw

More
6 years 4 months ago #15997 by CurrentDraw
Thanks Noah. That is good to know. I may have a bad screan. Very interesting how it works perfectly works with touch of a finger but not anything pointy.
The rep couldn't get it to work either. I may have to just deal with it or send it in for repair.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15998 by arbez
Odd that it works with your finger, but nothing else. I would think if the screen was bad, it wouldn't work at all. I know you said that you looked at all the settings, but have you tried to re-calibrate the touchscreen? Nothing to lose.

www1.snapon.com/Diagnostics/US/KB/Calibr...creen-VERUS-Edge.htm

If that doesn't work & it's still under warranty, I would send that bugger back ASAP.

GG - arbez
The following user(s) said Thank You: CurrentDraw

• Noah
More
6 years 4 months ago #16005 by Noah

arbez wrote: Odd that it works with your finger, but nothing else. I would think if the screen was bad, it wouldn't work at all. I know you said that you looked at all the settings, but have you tried to re-calibrate the touchscreen? Nothing to lose.

GG - arbez

You beat me to it!
Like I said, I don't have an edge, but my old Verus and Solus (ultra? Edge?, IDK, it's the older of the 2) both work with whatever I happen to be holding.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16008 by johnathon.balderas
The verus edge uses a different type of touch screen than the older verus. The stylus are not interchangeable between the two. The older types of touch screens can pretty much be interacted with anything presses against the one on the edge can not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, CurrentDraw

• Noah
More
6 years 4 months ago #16015 by Noah

johnathon.balderas wrote: The verus edge uses a different type of touch screen than the older verus. The stylus are not interchangeable between the two. The older types of touch screens can pretty much be interacted with anything presses against the one on the edge can not.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

More
6 years 4 months ago #16027 by CurrentDraw
Arbez I did try the calibration also. Based on all of your inputs, I will just order the original stylus pen for the edge before I decide to ship it to snap-on.
Goes against everything this website is about, I guess I will have to be a parts changer on this one :evil:

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #16031 by arbez
Verus Edge uses a capacitive touch screen, just like the my MaxiSys. You need the stylus that is like a spongy pencil eraser. Pretty much nothing else, but your finger will work. Any capacitive touch screen stylus should fit the bill. It doesn't have to be from Snap-On.

Common item that you should be able to pick up almost anywhere (Amazon, wally world, etc).
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by arbez. Reason: I can't spell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
6 years 4 months ago #16053 by rmcw1873
Hi I've had this issue a few times on the versus edge but I found that if you shut down the machine and then reboot it is fine again for a few weeks,hope yours is the same

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds