A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Smoke machine oil type needed. Matco or Mac (Can't Remember Brand)

More
6 years 4 months ago #15811 by Dtnel
Bought a Matco or Mac brand like new smoke machine from a pawn shop for $400 recently. It's similar to the redline one that's out there line it that I've seen online. Was told by snap on guy that the Matco or Macone I have is normally around $800-900 new and he thought it was a hell of a deal.

One small problem if the machine didn't have manual. I did make sure the light and the heater in it works and hooked the shop air to it to make sure that worked.

What's bugging me is I've never used them before but could probably find a few videos online and I need some of the Oil or whatever it is they use to create the smoke since the box didn't have anything in it. That seemed to be the only thing missing and the pawn shop guy agreed as well.

If anyone knows where I can get oil and if one is better than the other, best type to use, etc and could respond that would be greatly appreciated. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15851 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dtnel

More
6 years 4 months ago #16116 by EricGoodrich
Mineral oil. It's what I've always used. I had a redline one and the factory recommended it. You don't need anything special. Mineral oil from Walmart will work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chad, Dtnel

More
6 years 3 months ago #16209 by Dtnel
Ordered some Mineral Oil on Amazon tonight. Was a add on item. I didn't get the laxative version.... Never knew it's used that way but we are testing "leaks" so makes perfect sense I'd guess...... Lol...

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 3 months ago #16342 by Noah

Dtnel wrote: Ordered some Mineral Oil on Amazon tonight. Was a add on item. I didn't get the laxative version.... Never knew it's used that way but we are testing "leaks" so makes perfect sense I'd guess...... Lol...

:P

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 3 months ago #17204 by DieselAus
Hi I use USP type mineral oil not thick or scented by "Sunmark" also when using machine to test Evap be sure not to have too much air flowing as fuel vapour present mixed with extra air more volatile just saying maybe use Argon gas when testing Evap shop air ok for all other testing.

enjoy the machine really good for detective work. cheers

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds