A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel DS 708

More
6 years 4 months ago #15718 by c918
Autel DS 708 was created by c918
Hello, new guy and hobby mechanic here.

I've been toying the idea of purchasing the Autel DS708 from harbor freight which could be acquired for a reasonable price with their %20 coupon. I DID search a few pages back in this forum and I didn't find answers but I'd like to ask a few things:

Can this tool be used to program new keys to vehicles? Such as a 2005 Honda?
Also, a friend just purchased a 2008 Chevy 2500 and needs help with programming his tire pressure sensors to the vehicle and doesn't want to pay the shop rate. I was wondering if I could help him out as well with that with this tool.

I'll admit I do not know a lot about diagnostics, but I'm confident I CAN learn to use it and do what I need to do with the help of google and youtube. Any guidance on my above questions would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15720 by cheryl hartkorn
Replied by cheryl hartkorn on topic Autel DS 708
the autel is a good tool. ive programmed keys for hondas and fords with it. it can program tire pressure sensors but your going to need the tpms tool to go with it. the graphing is kinda low grade . but it has lots of bidirectional functions. alot of times it has more than snap on for fraction of the price

More
6 years 4 months ago #15737 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic Autel DS 708
DS808 - Newer version of the 708 - Many upgrades

$750.00 with the coupon www.amazon.com/Autel-Diagnostic-Function...r=8-8&keywords=ds808

We used to have a 708 & it was a great tool. Many features, but you never knew if you could do something until you tried. It would look like you could perform a task, but when you tried, it would fail. I remember it would say something like "this action is not required".

Hit or miss on keys. Some cars you could do an "all keys lost" program, others you could "clone" a key & others you could do nothing at all. I remember being able to program a Civic key, but not an Accord of the same year.

I'm sure things are better now.

Look at the 808 - seems like a huge update from the 708.

Good luck - arbez

More
6 years 3 months ago #16826 by mph855
Replied by mph855 on topic Autel DS 708
I had an Autel Ds708 up until last month. Used it for 3.5 years, just sold it on Craigs list since it was outdated and I did not want to update it. Worked fine for what I used it for. Bidirectional control was nice. The thing I hated about it was it was super slow. It felt like forever to connect and pull codes from cars. As far as TPMS programming, No. Keys, its hit or miss. I had quite a few keys in which it said it would do it and it left me disappointed. For GM Tpms Programming, Kent-Moore EL-50448 is what I use

More
6 years 3 months ago #16904 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Autel DS 708
Does that 20% coupon apply to scan tools? I feel like I saw the small print exclude them but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16905 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic Re:Autel DS 708
DS808 Lightning Deal on Amazon - $639.20 - Today only

www.amazon.com/Autel-Diagnostic-Function...ywords=MaxiDAS+DS808

It's only for the next few hours

Unbeatable deal
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by arbez. Reason: Link didn't work

More
6 years 2 months ago #17051 by mph855
Replied by mph855 on topic Re:Autel DS 708
I looked on Harbor Freights website. The DS708 was listed for $1999. Even if you get 20% off that the tool would still be WAY overpriced.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42964 by tuita
Replied by tuita on topic Re:Autel DS 708
I found this Autel MaxiPRO MP808

www.auteldiag.com/wholesale/autel-maxipro-mp808.html

Based on the Android operating system, Autel MaxiPRO MP808 is featured with an extensive coverage of OE-level diagnostics. Installed with a fast quad-core processor, MP808 offers maximum convenience and efficiency for your diagnosis and analysis. The intuitive user interface makes using the device effortless through a 7-inch LCD touchscreen that displays at 1024 x 600 quality.
Autel MaxiPRO MP808 is a professional diagnostic tool mainly designed for mechanics. It was equipped with Smart AutoVIN, Cloud-based MaxiFix and Shop Manager Functions, which make the MaxiPRO MP808 better than the old version of MaxiDAS DS808. Performing as same as the MaxiSYS MS906, this diagnostic tool, MP808 contains complete capabilities including full OBD2 functions, all reset services and comprehensive systems diagnosis. You are able to use this smart diagnostic scan tool to facilitate you repair and maintenance.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds