A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

solus edge update price

More
6 years 6 months ago #14498 by cheryl hartkorn
just got a real good deal on ebay for a solus edge i won the bid for 300. has 17.2 how much are the updates? id like to update to 17.4. i know the verus is pretty expensive not sure of the solus product line since it doesnt have the guided component tests etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14501 by bruce.oliver
I think its 700 or 800. But not entirely sure

More
6 years 6 months ago #14503 by cheryl hartkorn
700 or 800 just to go from 17.2 to 17.4?? geez guess ill be waiting for awhile

More
6 years 6 months ago #14504 by bruce.oliver
That may be the price for the modis updates. I know the price goes up if you skip 1 or more updates, still cheaper if you skip some updates instead of keeping it updated all the time. My modis ultra is 16.2, might update it next year when they have the buy 1 get the next free deal

More
6 years 6 months ago #14517 by The Auto Tech
Updates for the solus are 1k

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 6 months ago #14523 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic solus edge update price
yup, 1k.
There is still a ton of repair information in the tool even though it doesn't have the "guided component tests" you would get in a tool with a scope.
Check in the Troubleshooter for "After the Repair", "Test the Part", and "FastTrack Data Scan".
You got a really good deal.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 6 months ago #14534 by cheryl hartkorn
the fast track data scan is the only part i used on the verus that i had besides the scope but mostly i use pico.. the data scan is nice though. what is after the repair??? never seen it

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 6 months ago #14538 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic solus edge update price
Sometimes if there's a relearn procedure or reset, it will walk you through the steps and clear the codes. It's not always there though.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 5 months ago #15809 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic solus edge update price

cheryl hartkorn wrote: just got a real good deal on ebay for a solus edge i won the bid for 300. has 17.2 how much are the updates? id like to update to 17.4. i know the verus is pretty expensive not sure of the solus product line since it doesnt have the guided component tests etc...

Geezer someone must've forgot to put a reserve on it or it was stolen unless someone needed a quick bus ticket to get out of town after quitting their mechanics job. I know summer of 2016 the Solus Edge, not the Solus fully updated with Euro scan capability with free 6 mo of updates (16.4 since they update 2nd and 4th qtr of each year hence 16.4, 17.2). It also had a 6 mo subscription to suretrack which Snap On gives you access to if you keep the tool on a subscription as the dealer fee is less also if you add it as soon as you need to vs later. Had I added it later it would've cost up to $400 fee plus monthly fee of $65~$70 per mo. Being I added it right away the enrollment fee was $49 from my dealer. When I traded it and got more than I paid for it he didn't charge me the enrollment fee for the Modis Edge.

You could always have your snap on dealer make sure it's not a knock off as we all know anything the Chinese can duplicate (Tech-2 Scan Tool) they'll do it at our expense and they get the last laugh unless you have a hit squad to take with you to China and hunt them down.

Good deal anyways, oh crap all of the Chinese shops names begin with "Good" and half end with "Deal" something I've noticed over the years especially on Amazon.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15823 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic solus edge update price

cheryl hartkorn wrote: just got a real good deal on ebay for a solus edge i won the bid for 300. has 17.2 how much are the updates? id like to update to 17.4. i know the verus is pretty expensive not sure of the solus product line since it doesnt have the guided component tests etc...

I'd like to see the Ebay auction on this.

The lowest price one that has sold on Ebay in the last 90 days was one with 16.4. It sold for $832.00. Never seen one go for less than $750.00 with that software. Something isn't right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtnel

More
6 years 4 months ago #16208 by Dtnel

arbez wrote:

I'd like to see the Ebay auction on this.

The lowest price one that has sold on Ebay in the last 90 days was one with 16.4. It sold for $832.00. Never seen one go for less than $750.00 with that software. Something isn't right.

I will 2nd that. I forgot about that tattle feature of eBay that shows what stuffs been going for. Good for pricing stuff you're looking at selling also.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16212 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic solus edge update price

Dtnel wrote: I will 2nd that. I forgot about that tattle feature of eBay that shows what stuffs been going for. Good for pricing stuff you're looking at selling also.

I'm looking for a Solus Edge for a friend. I get an alert, from Ebay, when one comes up for auction with a starting bid under $500.00. I watch every one & have been doing so for the better part of a year. The cheapest one, that I can recall, was an Edge with 15.4 that went for about $700.00. If someone won one for under that, they didn't get it on the US site.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16235 by Dtnel

arbez wrote:

Dtnel wrote: I will 2nd that. I forgot about that tattle feature of eBay that shows what stuffs been going for. Good for pricing stuff you're looking at selling also.

I'm looking for a Solus Edge for a friend. I get an alert, from Ebay, when one comes up for auction with a starting bid under $500.00. I watch every one & have been doing so for the better part of a year. The cheapest one, that I can recall, was an Edge with 15.4 that went for about $700.00. If someone won one for under that, they didn't get it on the US site.

Crickets in the background it seems... Waiting in silence....

More
6 years 4 months ago #16236 by Dtnel

arbez wrote:

Also, What city and state you live? I can check with my local Snap On guy if you tell me what you're looking for software wise and if so I can either have him contact you? If you have a budget in mind I can throw that at him but I like to let people do their own negotiating price wise. IF you want me to holler at him on Mon I sure can just P.M. me with what you're looking for and we can go from there.

Just a example I bought a demo thermal imaging device from him for about $900 with same warranty as new just he'd loaned it to a couple shops/techs to check out before they decided to buy one so it was about what $300-400 or better off retail.....

More
6 years 4 months ago #16449 by Jackolope56
Replied by Jackolope56 on topic solus edge update price
How has your Solus Edge been doing for you? That was a great deal you got on it. I purchased mine new around two years ago. It still has version 16.2 on it. First though I found a used Vantage Pro. They both work well together for me.

We cannot change the past or predict the future

More
6 years 4 months ago #16683 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:solus edge update price
I've never seen snap on clones. Tons of clones for launch products out there though. You're screwed if you buy one and need to update it. I def had my fingers crossed when I registered mine.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds