A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Pico 2204a VS Uscope? (Inexpensive lab scopes)

More
6 years 5 months ago #14458 by BrianGee
I bought a Pico scope model 2204A which is a $150 2 channel scope but I've heard someone on a forum say it's not good for auto work because it's 8-bit and cannot show the detail required for some auto work. I was thinking about sending this back while I still have time to do so in order to get the 1-channel U-scope but in looking at their specs (and trying to learn what some of those specs mean) I'm not sure that the U-scope would provide any advantage or is more capable than the pico 2204a.

Anyone have any input on which is better? Links below

www.amazon.com/Pico-PicoScope-2204A/dp/B00GZMRZ3M
www.aeswave.com/uscope-master-kit-1-chan...ive-scope-p9273.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14473 by bruce.oliver
What are you wanting to do with the scope? If you're not a tech I can understand not wanting to send the money on an automotive pico, but if you are a tech it is very much worth it. Just got mine yesterday. I plan on scoping everything in the driveway tomorrow.

I am not familiar with that model pico. I have the uscope and it is great but it's only one channel so you are limited in what you can do with it. I would suggest you call aeswave, they sometimes have used pico kits and they don't always post them on their website

More
6 years 5 months ago #14476 by BrianGee

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14481 by Andy.MacFadyen
The uScope is a great little tool but the display is really tiny, With Picoscope 2204a the 8 bits isn't a major limitation but you it will require an input attennuator for looking at ignition primarie and injector votagess.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14494 by bruce.oliver
The 2204 will likely work just fine for you. I think I've seen some diyer YouTube vids with that scope. An automotive pico would be better of course but a lot more expensive. But like Andy said make sure you use a 20:1 attenuator when looking at injectors and primary ignition.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds