A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

OTC 3398 Injector Tester Custom Test Probe Leads

More
6 years 6 months ago #14361 by graywave
OTC 3398 Fuel Injector Tester

Thought I would share a test lead set I had made to give others ideas. I wanted this tester to be universal for any application. Only issue I had after I made them, since I was at work and rushed to put them together, I never realized I ordered an extension lead set instead of a regular multimeter lead set. That means the ends are female banana plugs vs males. The other end of the leads were 90 degree male ends which I didn't want. I'll end up just getting a couple male to male adapters. Along with these I ordered a 3 meter long extension lead set specifically so I can hook this up at the ECM if I can't get to the injector harness or plugs easily and still have the tester physically under the hood.

The other issue I never even thought of was some of the wires being aluminum and others being copper. Hopefully I won't end up with bad solder connections due to this down the road.

Parts
Multimeter Leads
Mini Fuse Inline Holder
2 amp Fuses
EV1 Injector Male Connector

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14362 by Tutti57

graywave wrote: OTC 3398 Fuel Injector Tester

Thought I would share a test lead set I had made to give others ideas. I wanted this tester to be universal for any application. Only issue I had after I made them, since I was at work and rushed to put them together, I never realized I ordered an extension lead set instead of a regular multimeter lead set. That means the ends are female banana plugs vs males. The other end of the leads were 90 degree male ends which I didn't want. I'll end up just getting a couple male to male adapters. Along with these I ordered a 3 meter long extension lead set specifically so I can hook this up at the ECM if I can't get to the injector harness or plugs easily and still have the tester physically under the hood.

The other issue I never even thought of was some of the wires being aluminum and others being copper. Hopefully I won't end up with bad solder connections due to this down the road.

Parts
Multimeter Leads
Mini Fuse Inline Holder
2 amp Fuses
EV1 Injector Male Connector

Great idea!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: graywave

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 6 months ago #14409 by Noah
Pretty cool, good work :)

I try to clip new injector connectors when I see them off scrap harness and just toss them in the case for the day I need them.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: graywave

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds