A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Modified Modis

More
7 years 8 months ago #1366 by OBD Rick
Modified Modis was created by OBD Rick
I thought I'd take a moment to show you all the mods that have been done to my modis.

The most obvious is hooking up and attaching a larger screen for ease of viewing. Not quite a verus interface but certainly helps. You may notice it also has an in-line volt meter to keep an eye on the voltage going through the tool. The USB port has a splitter attached, I find this most useful as I can hook up a keyboard and mouse, this means I can actually run the modis program several times at once on the same tool. This means I can have scan data up and running at the same time as the scope/multimeter etc.

I was debating changing the hard drive for an SSD for quicker tool performance and boot up time however as the tool can run the main modis program 3 times before it starts to struggle I don't think it'll be a big advantage.

I did not do these mods myself it was actually a relative of mine, Scott Duncan of Scott Mechanics. He also has a YouTube channel where you can see this frankenstien modis in action along with other diagnostic techniques that he demonstrates with the verus pro.

Thanks uncle Scott!

Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls. – Stirling Moss
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1367 by OBD Rick
Replied by OBD Rick on topic Modified Modis

Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #1369 by OBD Rick
Replied by OBD Rick on topic Modified Modis

Attachments:

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 8 months ago #1370 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Modified Modis
That's great! When I was running a modis I used to open the program twice to run the scope and scanner at the same time, but it slowed her down considerably

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 8 months ago #1375 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Modified Modis
Holy crap, that's awesome! :woohoo: I love the people that are willing to Frankenstein their equipment to make amazing results like this.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds