A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

EAK0294B09A snap on secondary ignition test set

More
6 years 6 months ago #12563 by cheryl hartkorn
i have not used the snap on scope for quite awhile, been using pico. i need some guidance on how to hook up the set to the scope. and setting it up as a parade. any help appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #12658 by Tyler
Connecting to the Verus? The trigger clamp plugs into to the 9-pin connector and goes on your chosen plug wire. The other clamp with the banana plugs is the actual ignition signal, going on the coil wire, or single wire if it's waste spark. Black to the scope ground, yellow to channel one.

From there, it's all in the scope settings. Pick the Parade option after the Lab Scope button, and hit Setup. I think all the important stuff is under 'Other'? From there, you can choose the triggered cylinder, firing order, ect.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Tyler.

More
6 years 4 months ago #14510 by Thor
Tyler reply was it. But if you have other adapters they take the place of the black coil lead. The end un-screws from the black coil lead and you can use it like a cop wand. I found that that works the best along with OEM adapters.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #27559 by tloftis
i am trying to hook a modis on a 97 Mazda b4000 V6 4x4 4.0 engine. I have a coil on it that has all six coils made together. can I hot to the plug in going into the coil? how can I see all six coils at once?

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #27586 by Tyler

tloftis wrote: i am trying to hook a modis on a 97 Mazda b4000 V6 4x4 4.0 engine. I have a coil on it that has all six coils made together. can I hot to the plug in going into the coil? how can I see all six coils at once?

Unfortunately, seeing secondary ignition on all six wires simultaneously on that style of coil isn't easy. :( The only way I know of to do that with the Modis is with the SIA 2000 adapter:

www.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/DiagnosticAccessories/SIA2000.htm

FWIW, I've had excellent results with the AESWave Paddle Probe and the Pico TA204 . Neither will allow you to see all six at once, but they'll produce good single secondary patterns.

You can also look at primary current ramps for all three coils with a low amp probe over the power feed wire.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds