A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Snap on verus and the use of banna plugs to bnc female adapter

More
6 years 8 months ago #12525 by Ceja946
Is it possible and advisable to use a banna plug to bnc female adapter to use a BNC type hantex low amp clamp? I ask because I got a verus but I first got a shitty hantex 1008 puke and it came with BNC type plug ins as a result I have the clips for spark plugs distributer coil pick ups can they be used on Verus? And I also have leads from an OTC 3840 mainly a Black trigger theres pictures but it has a funky end with two plugs I want to know if its possible to use this I know snap on has an Rpm pickup reasonably priced. Also it has nice test leads which have BNC male connectors. Please give me advice gentleman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12528 by Andy.MacFadyen
There all sorts of BNC adaptors avaiable on eBAY try a search on BNC to Bannana you will find a large number of options at a wide range of prices

You might also find you need a female to female BNC coupler to change the gender of your BNC connector.

BNC Female to BNC Female Joiner

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12541 by Ceja946
Thanks however I specifically want to know about what I asked and how They work with the Verus.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12545 by Andy.MacFadyen
All oscilloscopes are high input impedance devices, If you look at the specs for just about any oscilloscope on the market. you will see it quoted at 1 Mega Ohm. This means that you can mix and match just about probes between scopes.

The advantage of a high impedance input is it dosen't pull down the voltage you are measuring by putting an additional curent load on it.
Most decent quality digital multimeters have an even higher input impedance of 10 Mega Ohm.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds