A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

All makes Scanner

More
6 years 8 months ago #11968 by karim
All makes Scanner was created by karim
Dears,

I need a scanner that is the most comprehensive one. I want for all European and Asian cars.

USB
Wifi
Tablet
or
PC

Any suggestions are highly appreicated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #11975 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic All makes Scanner
Moved your thread to the Diagnostic tools & techniques section.
Check out the different posts on scantools here as well. My fellow members can assist you in making the right choice.

More
6 years 8 months ago #11981 by Dave101
Replied by Dave101 on topic All makes Scanner
I have a snap on verus pro that I LOVE. I also have heard good things about Auto Enginuity, only it doesn't have a scope.

More
6 years 8 months ago #11982 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic All makes Scanner
The key word is European
Peugeot, Renault, Fiat group vehicles not just BMW, VAG, Jaguar Landrover and Mercedes . A lot depends how much money you are prepared spend --- I haven't tried one yet and there are only one or two reviews on the net but the Launch Touch Pro seems to offer a huge vehicle and system coverage with bi-directional control for the money.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: karim

More
6 years 8 months ago #12014 by The Auto Tech
Replied by The Auto Tech on topic All makes Scanner
I use an autel ms906ts for euro cars. Launch and autologic are also supposed to be good for euro.
If you have access to a J2534 box many manufactures allow access to dealer diagnostic software via subscription.
I have used auto enginuity, I dont recommend it at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karim

More
6 years 8 months ago #12382 by blackbart
Replied by blackbart on topic All makes Scanner
AE dosent do Volvo, not sure about other euro makes, but I haven't heard good things about it's euro coverage. I just also bought Autel MS906 which looks very promising. Much more freeze frame data and bidirectional control than my AE. I would get one of the cheaper 906 or mini models because I have heard some mfg's don't support their programing box on the MS908.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12402 by Richey.brown
Replied by Richey.brown on topic All makes Scanner
I recommend the bosch KTS. Has trouble shooting info, wiring diagrams, component location, 2 channel scope and talks to just about every car. It's probably better than the verus other than the graphing feature due to the KTS displaying all the info on one graph. Where as the verus as an individual graph for each data pid.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12411 by FastEddieOBD
Replied by FastEddieOBD on topic All makes Scanner
I use a Launch X431 for the Euro and Asian market and it does very well, and I know people who own the Autel tools and say the same thing. Snap-on scan tools do fairly well with them but do lack in some areas that the Launch and Autel succeed in. I would not recommend the J2534 box for a scan tool as only a handful of OEMs support dealer level diagnostics though it.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12413 by byenzer
Replied by byenzer on topic All makes Scanner
Dylan:
Will an email be sent to, us annual members, when SDP shuts down? Would be nice to be contacted rather than get a YouTube message.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12414 by byenzer
Replied by byenzer on topic All makes Scanner
Oh! I forgot. I'm Chaborgnik Ruski.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12430 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic All makes Scanner

byenzer wrote: Dylan:
Will an email be sent to, us annual members, when SDP shuts down? Would be nice to be contacted rather than get a YouTube message.

Hey sir! ;)

Have you seen Paul's latest video? He explains what to do with your subscription.

scannerdanner.com/forum/scannerdanner-bo...hannel-shambles.html

More
6 years 7 months ago #12812 by rmcw1873
Replied by rmcw1873 on topic All makes Scanner
Hi I'd say it's impossible to get one scanner to cover everything,we work with autel 908,socio,verus edge and vcds.A garage near us works with Bosch,Launch and carmin so we all work together.If you are near someone's shop and are friendly with them I wouldn't buy the same as them,but rather buy something that fills the gaps theirs leaves.unless of course it is the perfect tool for you.A good relationship with local garages can help alot.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 7 months ago #12819 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic All makes Scanner
I've had a Solus Edge for a loaner since my Verus died, and I've been trying to get some time in with my friend's Mac Tools MDT 10 which is a Bosch manufactured tool with access to Mitchell diagrams and some other fun stuff.
I don't like that it is so WiFi dependant. Meaning that all the extra features like code set criteria, repair info, and diagrams are not loaded into the tool the way Snap On puts the info into the tool for use off line.

I had it on a 2003 Acura TSX which ended up lighting a VSA lamp after a tech changed the brake pads.
I was able to determine that the code set was an 84-1. VSA Sensor logic malfunction.
And that's about as far as I could get. What sensors? Who knows.
Code set criteria? Sorry, no internet.
System description? Sorry, no internet.
Found some functional tests, that failed to load and froze the tool.

On to the Solus.
Same deal, 84-1. VSA Sensor logic malfunction.
Troubleshooter says this code sets when the steering angle alignment must be set. (or something like that)
And there's a functional test. A functioning functional test... with instructions.

A half an hour playing with the latest, greatest tool from Mac got me nowhere.
Literally 15 minutes with the Solus and the car was FIXED.

So I took the MDT 10 home to connect to my internet and remove the unfair handicap. Much to my disappointment, a great deal of the information that is internet dependant is just silver bullet B.S. "40% replaced the solenoid, 20% replaced the PCM, etc.."

Not impressed yet, but I want to test drive some tools before selling my soul to the Snap On truck. I seriously miss my scope too :(

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 7 months ago #12831 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:All makes Scanner
I was able to pick up a launch scanpad 071 new on eBay for $500. It has awesome euro coverage, wifi, bluetooth, bi-directional, module programming, and came with a year of updates. Weird because it says my subscription is expired but I was still able to download all of the recent updates.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds