A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Hantek have a new WiFi/USB Scope IDSO1070a -- and it looks interesting

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #11479 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hantek are marketing a 2 channel Wifi Oscilloscope at a budget price and the specification which for the price looks interesting.

Link to IDSO1070a oo Hantek Website

Hantek claim the scope works with Windows, Android, iPad and iPhone system. I downloaded the Windows and Android software to have a look. The Windows software is still similar to that on the Hantek 1008 series but because there are only 2 channels is less of a fiddle to use. The Windows 10 software has an invert waveform function which was missing on the Hantek 1008. One major omission is the lack of a scale option for x20 attenuation probe.

The Android software is pretty minimalist. Other Hantek devices have had problems working iPhones and iPads so I if I had an Apple device wouldn't rush in to buy until some trustworthy independant reviews pop up on the internet. Here is the specifications.

From an eBay search it seems to be selling (1/8/2017) at around £125 or 168$ or 140 Euro which makes it interesting.

Downsides --- hardware and software not designed for automotive use so no automotive pre-sets and will require attenuators to protect from voltage spikes.

Upsides --- budget price much better specification than the Hantek 1008 Wifi connection to a variety of devices.

Could be a good starter scope for DIY/Light Pro use but wait for honest user reviews to pop up on the web before ordering.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32239 by TGADDY
I have had this scope for a while now. I bought it as an entry scope. The Windows software is severely lacking. I also had nothing but trouble with the scope locking up or, crashing my Lenovo with Win 7 pro, Blue screen style. The Android software is as you said, Minimal. However it is much better at maintaining connection via WiFi than the window software and I've yet to crash my phone.
I replaced this with a Pico 4425 of course, but I do still use it on occasion. I will periodically strap it under the hood to go for a cruise and scope job. Comes in pretty handy sometimes as it has a good battery and connects well with my Android phone.
With the Windows software you can continuously record to your hard drive and then play it back, something the Pico lacks. You can output the Pico program to a gif file for playback but you cant measure anything in this format. You can with the 1070a.
This scope and its software is better suited for electronics work. I will say however, that it forces an automotive user to learn scope basics real well.
By the time you make sense of your waveforms you'll be a lot smarter about the voltage over time element of auto Diagnostics.
Big con is the lack of any kind of filtering.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds