A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

fuel injectors

More
2 weeks 16 hours ago #65402 by stang302
fuel injectors was created by stang302
My service director and I have been talking about misfire diag mainly dealing with injectors and coils on v-style engine that you have to remove the intake to access. I have limited access to a scope at this time but trying to get one. besides getting customer to approve more diag time and gaskets needed to perform the tear down. Right now when one comes in I have been telling the customer depending on mileage. Option A we tear it down swap coils, plugs, perform circuit testing at the components, ECT. and put it back together to see if the misfire moves. Or option B we replace all the coils and spark plugs. and the injector on that cylinder still perform the circuit test for the components. I am trying to be as accurate as I can with out tearing down the vehicle to much. the question is.. is there any after market scan data or tools that I can use right now to better service our customers till we can get a scope for the shop that is always at the shop. Right now we share our scope with our other location. Any advice or information is appreciated.... ThanksĀ 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 12 hours ago #65403 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic fuel injectors
A regular DMM with min/max function, combined with an amp clamp, will allow you to check a variety of important details like injector resistance, current draw, inductive kick (both on coils and injectors) at the pcm or fuse box without toching even the intake manifold.

I see that your described approach to tackle misfires could make you remove and install components multiple times and still having the same issue. Some inttake manifolds will take 2 hours, plus gaskets., plus...

Imo try to get your hands on the required tools and training asap.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 weeks 11 hours ago #65404 by stang302
Replied by stang302 on topic fuel injectors
I am always searching for more training opportunities. a lot of them focus on scope usage, which is fine just our scope stays at our other location about an hour round trip. do you have any sources for using the DMM for this testing. I am signed up for a DMM class through world Pac training but always looking for more sources of information or training

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #65405 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic fuel injectors
This is a good and comprehensive class on DMM imo.

www.fluke.com/en-us/learn/online-courses...basics-online-course

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds