A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

2010 ford fusion no spark no pulse

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #64842 by kazooie2244
************************************ PROBLEM FIXED READ BELOW**********************************
lets cut to the meat and potatoes shall we?

anyways, we have power coming in and out of the coils and injectors.

during crank, there is no rpm and no spark mil is on.

when I hooked up my multimeter leads to ckp + and ckp - I got 2.54 volts and that's plugged in.

unplugged I get the same readings.

when I connect ckp + and connect my lead to body ground unlike connecting to both terminals like above , I still get the same readings if I remember correctly.

when I test for voltage at a connector near the PCM I have around 5.10 volts. but at the connector it drops by half.

I hooked up a hantek lab scope leads back probing the connector to the ckp that's connected, while its hooked up I unplugged the ckp connector and noticed spark coming from the coils test light and I also noticed and heard the fuel injectors turning on and off. but when I plugged the ckp connector back in it would do nothing. no spark no pulse . the ckp connector unplugged with the lab scope leads connector seems to send signals somehow to the PCM?

*****************SOLUTION*****************
verified design of ignition circuit

- PCM is responsible for opening and closing the switch to collapse magnetic fields of the coils, PCM ground switch.

verified PCM was receiving power from secondary winding.

verified ckp sensor was receiving power.

verified ckp sensor was outputting a weak signal.

verified signal dropped to 0 volts before reaching back to PCM.

verified engine compression psi was excessive with no drop in psi, preventing the starter from rotating the flywheel and also confirming the excessive pressure built in the combustion chambers caused a slow crank.

verified and confirmed exhaust cam was not the correct part installed, the cam journals are past specifications.

verified and confirmed the ckp sensor was incorrectly installed.

Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by kazooie2244. Reason: problem solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64862 by JEFFSSEI
lets first make sure we have a fully charged battery.

let's also make sure we understand the unique design of the ignition system.

-ignition control module

- pcm

sometimes vehicles have pcms that has an integrated ignition module and does it all.

what's our inputs during long cranks?

we cannot have fuel and spark if the vehicle is struggling to start.

do we have fuel, or spark?

how's our ckp circuit and our cam circuit?

is our starter weak?

The ckp sensor also depends on the starter at the beginning to aid in generating a signal.

weak starter = weak signal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds