A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

UK Version Solus Ultra VS US Version

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #64537 by Dezlpwr
I think I just made a huge mistake.  I won a ebay auction for a nice Solus Ultra from a guy in the UK.  He was listing the item globally, including the USA, which is where I'm at.  After making payment, something dawned on me.  I'm thinking that this unit will be pretty much useless on US market vehicles.  Will I even be able to pull any of these vehicles up except on Global OBD?  I am thinking not and that I just wasted $650!   Can anyone provide more information here?  It totally didn't cross my mind until it was too late.    I'm pretty bummed out about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #64538 by juergen.scholl
Hi,

The best would be to get in touch with Snap On customer service and ask whether it is possible to flash the unit with the corresponding software you're interested in.

A couple of years ago I bought a SUN PDL 5600 unit which physically is equivalent to a Modis Edge. The unit came with a México specific software installed.

Within the unit there was information which software packages actually were "installable", if wanted. Customer service confirmed that these options do apply. Obviously it will have a cost.

HTH.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by juergen.scholl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds