A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Diagnostic tool recommendations

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #64026 by Dimitar
Hello I`m looking for diagnostic tool for around 2000 - 2500 usd. I`m not experienced mechanic or something like that, but i would like to start from somewhere, so now I`m reading the ScannerDanner book. So on the topic, I need diagnostic tool for cars and heavy duty ( trucks mainly), I`m from Europe so I need this tool to cover mainly European cars and trucks. I have found Launch X431 PRO5 for around 1200 euro + cables and software for heavy duty for around 800 euro from here: www.cardiagtool.co.uk/launch-x431-pro5.html . Does anyone have experience with this tool or you can recommend me some other tool? Also is anyone have experience with this website? 
Thanks
Dimitar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #64029 by Tyler
I haven't used the Pro5, specifically, but I do own the Pro Mini:

www.cardiagtool.co.uk/launch-x431-pro-mini.html

Definitely some of the best value for money when it comes to scan tools, IMO. Tons of functionality, (relatively) cheap updates.

I do have some gripes with the Launch software itself. Graphing is not amazing, nor is data recording/retrieval. Data PIDs and functions are sometimes incorrectly named or mislabeled, requiring you to infer/guess/button mash until you get the result you want. It's not perfect, but no scan tool is.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64052 by stevieturbo
Can't comment much, other than pretty sure that despite the website claiming UK and EU etc, it is Chinese. Certainly the only contact phone number shown, seems linked to a few businesses and has a China dialling code.

I would say that factor in any technical support for any tool that you buy, that can be as valuable as the tool itself. If you need to pay a little extra for that, from a known reputable or local source, it can be worth it.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds