A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Scanner connection issue

More
4 months 1 week ago #63949 by drfeno
I have an Xtool D8 scanner that I like a lot and have used it to diagnose and fix our 2012 Toyota Tundra and 2013 Subaru Outback. I also have a 1999 Mercedes E430 which has just developed some running issues. When I connect the D8 to the Mercedes, it tells me it cannot connect to the ECU. I have an older small simple scanner, which I can connect to the Mercedes and it does read codes, as well as getting freeze frame data. The codes I'm getting on the simple scanner are P0306,P0307 and P0300. Misfires on cylinder 6 and 7 and general misfire. I'm hoping its not a bad CAT, like a the mercedes forum is leaning toward. I would like to do a more in depth analysis with my Xtool scanner, but it says it cannot connect to the ECU, while the small one seems to be able to. Any thoughts on what might cause that?

Thanks,
Dave Fenoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #63976 by 70monte
Replied by 70monte on topic Scanner connection issue
I would reach out to Xtool. From what I have heard, they have a very responsive customer service department.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #64164 by drfeno
Replied by drfeno on topic Scanner connection issue
Thanks for the reply, as it turns out, in order for the more sophisticated scanner to talk to the ECU you need to use the mercedes 38-pin connector. I was able to buy an adapter so I could connect that to my scanner and its now better, still a few issues, but its not telling me it can't communicate anymore

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds